Entry 43

(Six months after the previous entry)

The nine of us stood in front of lines upon lines of Grimm, behind us, Inigo stood reading his mana-infused Ebony Bow, he was leading a group of Faunas who wanted to join the fight in retaking the Island.

"Inigo, my friend, any thoughts," I asked

"I think we would have more trouble with the spiders in the bunker," he said

"Then let's make quick work of these monsters," I said drawing out my platinum  sword and coatings it in a new spell [Holy Inferno]

"EVERYONE, READY YOURSELF, THIS MAY BE THE FINAL BATTLE BEFORE WE PUSH THESE MONSTERS INTO THE OCEAN!!" I yelled motivating all of them

All 39 of us charge into the sea of Grimm, hacking and slashing the monsters to bits, I feel a primal force for battle bubbling in me. I hold myself back to give to others a chance to get some kills under their belt.

I take out a small device I created, I call it a Horde Beacon because it ejects high amounts of dark mana, it attracts hundreds of Grimm at a time.

I use thrust ice spears through the chest of jaguar-looking Grimm before using a very fast slice of air to dice up an oncoming pack of beowulfs, I look to see how the others are fairing, they are definitely growing weary.

So I decided to finish by quickly blasting the entire battlefield with a modified Holy fire.

I modified it so I could use large bursts of fire without hurting my allies. Eventually, the last Grimm evaporated.

"Alright, everyone. Grab a cart from camp, we need to gather all the drops before nightfall". I said before using wing mana to gather the items into separate piles.

[Drop: 3,000,000L
100 Beowulf pelts
50 jaguar-Grimm pelts
100 Ursa pelts
1 ton of different types of dust
Various metals
100k Grimm bones
600 Grimm teeth]

It took several hours but once we got the items back, we paid the people who fought with us, I even gave my crew a share of the money. The rest I gave to Girah for his city.

I have been doing this for the last six months, the people Im training are doing really well, they are really grasping magic well.

All of them know how to use fire and water, it's some of the other things that mess with them, it brings out specialization though.

Like jaune is great at water, healing, Light, and Holy magic but terrible with things like metal and earth.

Ren is great with a lot of different types due to his culture of meditation.

Nora...Uhm...explosions

Pyrrha is really good with metal magic, as it does well with her semblance.

Emerald actually is really good at making herself invisible, and other magic-related Illusions.

Cinder is good at earth, Metal, fire, and air, no surprise there I suppose.

Finally, the birdman Qrow is good at Air and surprisingly, Biology magic, he can do some decent healing tricks.

Sitting in the mess hall eating some simple protein-rich meals, I started talking to Qrow a bit.

"How are things going," I asked Qrow

"Well, judging by today work still needs to be done, all of us need to get better at magic," he responded

"We will, it's just a matter of time, we will just have to keep using it," I said

We continued with our lunch for a few minutes before we left.

I walk to my office and look at a special map I made to track the progress of spreading Holy Ground across the Island, currently, the Island of Menagerie is 73% purified and 48% Terraformed.

In six more months, all of the Island will be a tropical paradise with no Grimm, and if they do get any Grimm the mages will be able to stop them.

I have also been introducing creatures that I invented, one is a tree called the pixie leaf tree. It has highly caffeinated fruit, think of apples if they had the amount of caffeine as six energy drinks.

I made them because I was bored, plus in my mind, I thought of caffeinated alcohol. Sounds like a great way to have a heart attack.

Now, I want to do something, I want to get involved in the criminal underworld, mainly to know the inner workings. I don't want that stuff in haskaria. So, I make loads of these fairy leaf fruits with less caffeine, just enough to quickly get addicted. I'll mix the fruit juice with holy water before carbonating.

The holy water is to again tone down the strength of the caffeine and to give it a healing factor. Im making drugs to give to the people of Remnant.

I take the crate and open a portal to Mistral, I pull a cowl over my face before walking to a familiar crime family, known for selling children expensive cars.

I walk up to the bartender who definitely recognized me but didn't say anything.

"What can I do for you," he asked

"I need to see your boss, I may have something that he would like to see"

"Alright, kid. Follow me" the bartender said

We walk down the same hallway I did when I got to the car, at the end of the hall, we got to a door.

It opened to an office with a couple of guards and the same mob boss from several years prior.

"It has been almost five years, how yah doin' kid. Still got that car?" He asked

"Ive, been doing great, and yep, the car still runs just fine. I can't say you ever cheated me out" I said

"The Maritellie family never selles a bad product," he said dripping with pride

"Is that right? Then I may have something you want to try" I said bringing out my case of energy drinks

"Kid, we don't sell soda, we are a crime family. Go try the boy scouts or something" he said

"Fine, perhaps a demonstration is in order," I said creating chains that wrap around everyone in the room

With the mob boss' hand chained to the table, I make a knife and stabbed it through his hand sticking it into the wood.

Next, I pour the drink down his throat and pull the knife out, when I did, the wound closed up fairly quickly.

"You little dickhead you are going to pay for that" he said

"Fine, here. I said handing him 30 grand, now you saw the effects of this drink, do you want to make some money from it or not. Im sure your rivals would"

The man simply paled and passed out

"Wimp"

(A/n thank you for reading, I enjoy all your comments and questions, I am so proud of this story.

But yeah, Vinny is now got his sights on taking control of the underworld. Will he falter under the cruelty of such a place whi knows?)