- 8 -

DAVINA HAD HER detention tonight and could only assume that the boys would be there

DAVINA HAD HER detention tonight and could only assume that the boys would be there. She was a nervous wreck and Maisie found great pleasure in teasing her about it.

"I cannot believe you are so petrified for detention" Maisie snickered. Davina decided the best way to hide her fear was under the impression that she was scared for detention, not spending the night with four certain boys.

"I'm allowed to be" Davina scowled, pinching Maisie who yelped in response. Maisie glared at the girl, rubbing her hand on the skin that had been previously abused.

"Why were you in the library after hours?" Blair questioned. Davina had the feeling that Blair was getting incredibly suspicious and the only thing holding her back was Maisie.

She knew sooner or later that they were going to question her but she was going to postpone that event till it became a desperate need.

"I forgot about my Potions essay, needed a book" Davina muttered, poking at a cherry tomato on her plate.

"You'll be fine" Maisie reassured, stealing a fry from her plate and wagging it in emphasis.

"Yeah yeah, I'll catch you guys later" Davina sighed, getting up and making her way to the detention room. It really was just an old classroom but the kids from her time had named it the DT room.

She entered the classroom and chose the seat furthest away from the from and from the boys. She could feel their eyes on her but made no move to meet them. She sat in her seat and let her head drop onto the table.

Back in her time, it wasn't rare to see Davina Black in the DT room. She was constantly getting in trouble for skiving school, cheek or getting caught smoking. Snape had just given her detentions for basically anything so the teachers had designated the corner hers and called it Davina Square. She had brought a pillow and a few blankets with her and camped in her corner and the teachers didn't have the heart to stop her.

"Ms Evergreen, I'd appreciate if you acted as if you were in detention, not your bedroom" McGonagall tutted, walking into the classroom.

Davina bit her tongue to hold in a remark when she saw the Maruaders munching on biscuits and discussing their grand pranks with each other.

"Of course professor" she murmured, sitting up slightly. She kept quiet, not muttering much but glancing at her teacher.

She had known McGonagall to have a soft spot for Gryffindors or her favourite kids, yet from the point of an outsider, it annoyed her greatly. She hadn't realized how bad favouritism was until she was not on the other end of it.

"Now, you boys are to write I will not pull pranks on my teachers 50 times and Ms Evergreen, you will write I will acknowledge my curfew 50 times as well." McGonagall took a seat at the table leaving them all to do their lines in quiet.

Davina had grown to hate silence after her time in captivity and the silence made her hands curl into fists. She tried to lighten it by humming the popular muggle song 'don't go breaking my heart'. She shook her head the make believe beat and lightly tapped her feet.

Remus turned to look at the girl who was stuck in her own world humming to a song. His lips tilted up into a small smile before he realized and quickly turned back to complete his lines.

"Oi do you mind" Sirius muttered, his eyebrows furrowed in frustration. Davina turned to look at him before tilting her head to the side, like a puppy.

"Nope" she smiled, popping the p and continuing on with what she was doing. Sirius made a noise in the back of his throat at her negligence.

"Minnie! Make her stop" Sirius whined, pouting at the older woman in the room. Davina looked up meeting the eyes of the professor, she let herself slowly analyses the woman, gorging a reaction from her.

"Ms Evergreen..." she started but paused when she saw the look in the younger girls eyes. It wasn't a look she was used to from students but one she had often received from people like Dumbledore or the current students parents.

"Yes, professor?" It was a look that showed she was not afraid of her. It may seem silly but even James and Sirius would feel a certain respect or acknowledgment that the woman was older and in charge. The girl in front of her did not, there was no acknowledgement that the woman in front of her held power. She was not scared.

"Nothing" the teacher muttered. Sirius turned to look at the woman in disbelief. He turned back to look at the girl and noticed the feral grin on her face, he scowled.

Detention was rather peaceful and Davina was more than grateful for the spell that she had found. She had been seated in the room for 15 minutes and Remus's blood was already making her uncomfortable. She shifted slightly in her chair and tried her best to focus on writing her lines.

After the 30 minutes were up the boys got up and piled their parchment and walked out the classroom. Davina got up last and put her paper on the pile before making her way to leave the classroom.

"Oh, Professor." McGonagall turned to look at the girl and noticed the slight smirk on her lips.

"Thanks," she said, walking out the classroom. McGonagall knew that she wasn't actually thankful for the slight hint in her voice but decided not to look too much into it.

Davina walked out of the classroom and stopped when she noticed the marauders were standing outside. She grumbled underneath her breath and tried to walk on but was stopped by James.

"What was that?"

"What was what?" She asked, quirking her eyebrow.

"That thing! With-with Minnie!" He shrieked.

"Hm? I'm not sure I follow" she hummed, turning and heading in the opposite direction. She heard the sounds of the boys complaining but continued on walking.

She reached a bathroom on the way to the common room and collapsed in it, her body wracked with sobs.

This was all a lot harder than she had intended it to be and she struggled to grasp the concept that everyone she knew was gone.

She had seen James's handwriting and she noticed the way she wrote was so similar to Harry's. Her father had complained and whined to McGonagall reminded her of the times when he would complain about not being let out of Grimmauld place in 5th year.

She remembered when her father had died and more tears rained down her face. She sobbed for a while before walking to the mirror.

She stared hard and long at her face in the mirror. She felt her frustration increase.

"Why," she whimpered. "Why me!" She bellowed. She glared at her face in the mirror throwing a punch at the frame.

Punch after punch after punch until her hands were bloody red. She looked like a mess but she felt a lot better than before.

She sighed out before glancing at her already healing hand.

"I'm gonna do this for you papa," she muttered determinedly. "I'm gonna do this for you."