- 20 -

THE RINGING IN her ears didn't stop

THE RINGING IN her ears didn't stop. His words kept echoing in her head and even when she reassured herself, it didn't help. She wanted to go home, this whole thing was stupid and was beginning to impact her mental health. 

After all, Davina wasn't part of the golden quad in this time, she was the cold-hearted bitch that had problems with everyone. She was the person people didn't approach and it brought back memories from when she was younger. 

She hated it more than anything. She wanted to spill everything to them and be surrounded by friends and family but she couldn't do that to them. They had lived a life of happiness. James had everything he wanted, Sirius was beginning to find happiness, Remus found family and Lily had a distraction from her muggle life. 

She couldn't take that from them, not when that was all she knew. She'd grown with the hardships and the pressure of losing your life, she couldn't give that to these seemingly innocent people. 

It started in Potions...

"Maisie please tell me you didn't" Blair groaned, throwing Davina and Maisie into another round of laughter. 

"Oh I did" she giggled. "You should have seen Sirius's face, he looked as if he wanted to die" 

"Who wouldn't" Davina cackled. "You sent an owl to his mother asking for her hand in marriage, he was bound to be embarrassed" 

"What about me!" she said in outrage. "My lovely Walburga declined, however, will I live?" Maisie then proceeded to pretend to faint leaving the girls to giggle. 

Blair said goodbye to the duo before they entered the Potions classroom. It was similar to the one from her time but she really couldn't tell. She had spent so much time throwing parchment balls at Professor Snape she didn't really pay attention. 

"Hello, children!" Professor Slughorn cheered. She had hated Snape, that was an easy question, but he was better than this old coot. The girls nodded their heads at the man before continuing to a table to set up. 

"What are we doing?" Davina heard Maisie whisper to Peter. The boy flushed a bright red before mumbling something along the lines of Draught of Living Death. Lucky for Davina, she had a photographic memory and Harry had allowed her to look at the Half Blood Prince's book. 

She hummed to herself as she placed the ingredients down and began the process. She'd never admit it, but she always found Potions to be rather calming, peaceful in a way. It was like cooking, not that she ever got to do that. The Malfoy's were very strong about the house elves cooking, but that didn't stop her from venturing down to the kitchens to watch or help whenever she could. 

"You're doing it wrong" James spoke up. Davina looked up from squeezing her beans to glance at the man. 

"It says cut" he continued. Davina let a small laugh exit her when she remembered her time in her 6th year.