- 19 -

SHE WAS WAITING for this moment

SHE WAS WAITING for this moment. Davina knew sooner or later Dumbledore was going to call her into his office to 'talk', she had just expected more time. The old man wasn't one of her favourite people, ever. Dumbledore was a mighty wizard, a powerful one she'd admit. But he was the reason so many of her friends were gone.

"Ahh, Ms Evergeen" Dumbledore greeted. "How are you, my dear?"

"I'm alright" she hummed. The older man nodded his head in understanding before gesturing to the yellow lemon drop on his desk. Davina shook her head in denial, not knowing if they were laced with anything.

"You're living with the owner of Hogshead?" Dumbledore asked, peering over his half-moon spectacles.

"Aberforth Dumbledore, yes," she said, allowing a smirk to fall on her lips. The man seemed surprised that she knew they were related but ignored it.

"And you are living with him-"

"He owes my family"

"Interesting" the old main trailed. Davina could see the look in his eye, it was a look he'd often given Harry as a child.

"Is there a reason for this meeting?" She questioned.

"Ah, no time for small talk?" He commented with the bloody twinkle in his eye.

Davina kept quiet and didn't make the effort to reply to his comment. The man in front of her laced his fingers together.

"Allow an old man to be curious," he said, a gentle smile on his lips. "I was merely wondering why the sudden transfer to Hogwarts?"

Luckily for Davina, she knew the old goat would be interested in the new girl in his house.

"I transferred from Beauxbatons. I was sick of speaking French"

"French is such as exquisite language, you wouldn't mind?" He asked, gesturing with his hands.

"Pourquoi si intéressé ? Tu devrais vraiment apprendre à t'occuper de tes affaires" she said with a sarcastic smile on her face. Mentally, she thanked the Malfoy's for their insistence on learning the language.

(Why so interested? You really should learn to mind your own business)

If Dumbledore did understand French, he chose to ignore her comment and continue to analyze her.

"Evergreen" he hummed. "Not a pureblood family?"

"Halfblood. A distant relative of the Prince Line" Luckily for her new friendship with the Prince family, they agreed to let the girl hide in their bloodline.

"Lovely" he commented sipping on his tea. She glanced him in the eyes and felt a small prodding in her head.

Her eyes narrowed into a glare. She silently sighed. She was glad that Snape had taken the time to teach her a bit about occulmency. Although he never finished it, she had decided to self teach herself. It didn't work but after trying so many times she was able to create a shield as strong as Dumbledores.

She forced the man out of her head and chose to ignore the surprised face that covered the old man's face.

"Sir, if there's nothing further..." she trailed.

"Of course," he said, a charming smile on his lips. "Let yourself out"

Davina got up from the chair, the perfect image of pureblood etiquette, and walking out the door. Before she exited, Dumbledore cleared his throat capturing her attention.

"If there's anything you wish to tell me," he said, glancing over his half-moon spectacles. "Anything at all, my door is always open"

She listened to the slight emphasis in his words but said nothing in reply. She continued her way out the office and to the Gryffindor common room.

"Well if it isn't my favourite niece" a voice drawled. An arm hung around her shoulders and pulled her close to the boy.

"I'm your only niece Reggie" Davina hummed, playing with the fingers that lay on her shoulder.

"Well, your still my favourite" he murmured, nudging her with his shoulder. 

Sirius still wasn't happy that the girl was friends with his brother and the marauders had no other option to back up their friend. Peter of course had no problem with being rude to the boy, as he felt that all Slytherins deserved it. 

"Davina?" A voice called. Davina turned around to see Remus approaching her, his book bag swinging as he walked. 

"I'll talk to you later" Regulus muttered, kissing the girl on the forehead and walking away. Remus glared at the boy walking away before turning to Davina with a small frown. 

"So..." he trailed. 

"Was there a reason for this meeting Lupin?" Davina scowled.

"Remus"

"What?"

"Call me Remus"

Davina knew she shouldn't. If she did it showed that they were mutuals, friends in fact. She wanted to remain hidden from the boys and their attempts but they seemed to make it their life mission to become friends. 

"Alright Remus," she said, walking away from him. She hadn't gotten far before the boy called out. 

"Are you dating Black?" he asked, digging his fingernails into his palm. 

"Sirius? No of course not" she was disgusted that to even think further into that statement. Dating her future father? She could honestly say that it repulsed her.

"No Regulus" 

She thought about it. Technically they were related but in the Wizarding World that was nothing new. She never knew the man as anything more than the dead uncle that her father would cry about every night.

"No," She said, "He's a friend" 

"Good"