- 39 -

"I don't think you put your name in the goblet if it helps?" Davina claimed, picking some pickles out of the jar and shoving them in her mouth

Harry looked at his best friend and sighed. He was more than glad that he had Davina on his side but he still wanted Ron and Hermione to understand.

"Oh don't be sour Harriet," Davina cheered, sliding in next to him. "They'll understand sooner or later."

Harry carded his fingers through her hair and watched as Davina curled into him. He pressed a kiss into her hair continuing to lay there just thinking.

"You're thinking too much" Davina whispered, snuggling closer into him. Harry just sighed in response.

"I'm 14 Davina" he whispered in sorrow. Davina instantly pulled the boy into a hug and soothed him as tears soon turned to sobs.

"What does everyone have against me?" He cried. Davina could do nothing but hold him as tight as she could.

"I don't want this Vina," Harry cried, "Why me?!"

And with that silence enveloped the pair. Davina could do nothing but sit there and let the words float over her head. She could say she understood in a way but it was different. Davina had to deal with the hate of her father for relatively her first 3 years at Hogwarts, but for Harry, everyone seemed to be against him for some reason.

She'd often thought that the Wizarding World would be more compassionate towards the boy who had somewhat saved them yet lost his parents in the journey.

"I wish more than anything it wasn't you Harry," Davina whispered.

The boy just sighed. He smiled reassuringly at Davina before getting up and walking up to his dorm. Davina however chose to stay down and swim within her thoughts.

She remained there for a while before there was noise from people entering the common room. She glanced to see the rest of the Gryffindor students entering. Some of them were wearing the Potter stinks badges and others seemed to be whispering amongst them. In the crowd were both Ron and Hermione.

Enraged, Davina stood up, placing a silencing charm around the common room so that Harry wouldn't be disturbed upstairs.

"What the fuck is wrong with you all?" Davina bellowed. The whole room looked at her in surprise, not muttering a word.

"Harry if your friend" she hissed. "He has done nothing wrong to any of you!"

"He put his name in the goblet!" Someone yelled.

"He needs the constant attention!" Someone else yelled.

Davina shrieked. "Does that sound anything like the Harry you know?" She turned to point to a 6th year student. "Didn't he help you with your flying. He didn't take any credit for it did he?"

The boy looked down the ground guiltily. His Potter stinks badge flashing.

"And you," she snarled to a brunette second year, "didn't he help you when you were being bullied by those Slytherins?"

She turned to face the rest of the crowd. "Harry has done so much for all of you and what do you give him back? Nothing!"

She turned her gaze towards Ron and Hermione. She sneered at the sight of both of them.

"And you two have the dignity to call him your best friend?"

Hermione looked up at her with a saddened look on her face .

"Harry is my best friend," she cried. "I was just upset that he put his name in, after everything that he's been through."

"He told you he didn't put it in" Davina cried. "Why didn't you believe him?"

She then turned to Ron and her anger returned in ten fold.

"And you," she hissed. "You were meant to be his friend! And what are you doing here telling everyone that he's a fucking liar?"

Ron's face turned red for either anger or humiliation yet Davina couldn't find it in herself to care.

"He told me he wasn't going to put his name in!" He said, anger threaded in his words. "But look who's competing now!"

Davina stormed towards Ron and socked him in the face. She watched as he fell down but she could not wield her anger. She got on top of him and continued to punch him as hard as she could.

She didn't notice the wards keeping Harry from hearing had withered away with her anger and the boy had come down to see what the ruckus was.

"Davina" he groaned. He pulled her of Ron and kept her swinging limbs at bay. He could practically feel the anger radiating of the girl.

"What are you doing?" He asked, settling her down on the couch.

"Teaching jealous little boys a lesson" she hissed, lunging towards Ronald. She was stopped by Harry once again.

"Vina," he whispered. She turned to look at him and both they're eyes met. Green meeting Grey.

"That's enough" he cooed. She grumbled in response before reluctantly letting it go. Harry smiled at her before gesturing for her to go to bed.

"I'll go up in a bit" she claimed. Harry raised an eyebrow at her but didn't comment. He in turn returned up to the dorms leaving Davina and a quiet common room.

"You're all lucky to have him" she hissed into the silence.

"Now I may not be as Insane as my dear Aunt Bella, but if If I see another one of those fucking badges or hear another word about Harry, I'll show you just how Insane Black's can be."