- 44 -

The sound of giggling flooded the quiet manor

The sound of giggling flooded the quiet manor. Narcissa walked down the hallways, trying her best to narrow down where her two children were. The giggling grew louder and Narcissa drew closer to the Library.

"BE GONE EVIL DRAGON!" Davina roared. She leapt from one seat to the next, a roll of newspaper in her hand as if it were an imaginary sword. Draco was on the ground giggling.

Draco had his hair pulled in to two small pigtails with a sparkly pink headband on his head. He had one of his mothers pink shawls over his shoulders.

"HELP ME DAVINA!" Draco squealed, sending himself into another round of laughter. Davina huffed at the boy before crossing his arms.

"It's not Davina dummy, it's Knight Lancelot! Like the stories"

Davina launched herself at Draco and sent the two of them tumbling on the floor. The two of them continued to tumble until Narcissa cleared her throat, causing the two children to freeze and look at her.

"What is going on here?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

The two children looked at each other before both pointed finger at each other declaring that it was the others fault, then proceeding to glare at each other.

"Anyone want to tell me the time?" Narcissa continued, crossing her arms.

Draco quickly looked at the long clock that sat in the corner of the library. Upon reading the time, his eyes widened and he nudged Davina in the ribs, causing her to hiss.

"Well?" she said tapping her foot impatiently.

"10:26..." Draco murmured. Davina's eyes widened comically upon hearing what her cousin had just whispered.

"What was that?"

"10:26" He said louder.

"And what is your bedtime?"

Davina and Draco both winced at that.

"8:30."

"So what are you still doing up?" Narcissa bent down to smooth the hair on Davina's head before stopping to glance at Draco's. The boy flushed red before rushing to take everything off and turning his nose up.

"Vi made me do it," He sneered. Davina silently giggled behind her hand, narrowly avoiding another elbow to the gut.

"Enough Draco" Narcissa scolded, causing the boy to flush pink.

"Maman, please don't tell père" Davina begged. She didn't want her father to know because she knew that if he was told she'd get more than whatever punishment her mother would give her.

"Don't tell père? But Davina, he's my husband. I'd have to tell him" Narcissa gushed.

"W-what if we gave you..." Davina trailed looking around the room before her eyes landed on Narcissa's shawl.

"... or we'll give your very special shawl to Randy!"

Randy was their niffler. Davina had found it one day when she was home alone and demanded that she kept it. Lucius hated the thing with a passion. It always found a way to go through his things.

"Will you?" Narcissa quirked.

Both children tried to confidently nod their heads but weren't as confident as they hoped. Narcissa made a move to stand up and leave but was stopped when to bodies collided with her legs stopping her movement.

"We're sorry Maman," Draco cried. "We didn't meant to!"

"Yeah what he said!"

Narcissa let out a small laugh before scooping both kids up into her arms. They both clung to her as she walked towards their shared bedroom. They were offered seperate rooms and started of that way but they both ended up sneaking into each others rooms so Narcissa and Lucius ended up putting them in a shared room.

She placed Draco down on his bed before kissing his forehead. Davina watched as the boy closed his eyes and somewhat drifted into a sleep.

Narcissa made her way towards Davina's bed, tucking her into her own bed. When she leaned down to kiss her forehead, she felt Davina's hand tucking her hair behind her ears.

"What's wrong?" Narcissa asked.

"You know how we'll go to Hogwarts in a few years," Davina said, looking at Narcissa through her lashes. The woman nodded her head at her, gesturing for her to continue.

"What if I'm n-not a Slytherin. Like you are père."

Narcissa paused.

"Then I'll love you even more."

"Promise," Davina whispered.

Narcissa cursed herself.

"I promise."

Narcissa switched of the lights and closed the door, leaving both children to sleep. Davina rolled onto her side and attempted to fall asleep. 

"Vi," a voice whispered. 

"Yeah," she whispered back. 

"I'd love you no matter what too!"