- 9 -

DAVINA HAD BEEN lectured for skiving of class and was told if she missed another DADA class she would be kicked out of the class

She sighed as she entered the classroom, sliding into the seat next to Maisie.

"DADA is the best babe" Maisie cheered. In response, Davina dropped her head onto Maisie's shoulder.

The marauders walked into class and were surprised to see Davina sitting there. The girl wasn't normally present for lessons and her arrival had caused a bit of a stir in the class.

The defence against the dark arts teacher, Professor Sommer, walked in and greeted his class. He scanned the room before his eyes landed on Davina.

"Ahh, Ms Evergreen is it?" He asked, flicking through some papers.

"Yes," she replied.

"Now how is it, you've missed all your lessons, yet never fail to complete your assignment with outstanding marks?" He marvelled.

Davina smirked. "It must be my good looks."

The marauders turned to look at her in surprise. They then turned to look at Sirius who had a baffled look on his face. It was such a Sirius thing to say, probably half the class knew that.

"Hm?" He sighed. Before motioning for the class to get up.

"Today we will be doing a practical" he motioned, watching the class put their books away.

"Oh Yay!" Maisie squealed, rushing to put her stuff away. Davina on the other hand was rather reluctant. She knew the topics that were going to be discussed and was uncertain about the turnout.

"Alright class, gather around" he yelled. The class circled around and in the middle was a cupboard. Davina choked up, she knew what was in the cupboard and she knew what was going to happen.

She slowly made her way to the back of the classroom and hung near the door. She desperately wanted to leave the room but she knew that she needed this class. No matter how much she knew, fining down those skills was essential. 

Maisie watched as her friend made her way to the back and did nothing to stop her. She obviously was uncomfortable with the whole situation and she didn't want to pressure her to stand in the front and face whatever it was.

"Now who can tell me what this is?" He asked opening the cupboard. It was a blob of nothing but you could tell that there was something actually there. That you weren't just staring at nothing.