- 35 -

T

T.W. PERVERSE CONTENT 

DAVINA WASN'T LOOKING forward to DADA. Rumour was that the teacher was a right pig but she wasn't going to make any impressions without witnessing it first. She made her way towards the room reluctantly, still unsure on what would be taught in the lesson but whenever she made a move to try ditch, Maisie stopped her. 

"It'll be fun" she cheered. Maisie was the type of person who didn't allow anything to falter her mood, no matter how ghastly it may be. 

When they entered the classroom they were quick to notice the tension encasing the room. The marauders themselves seemed to be a lot quieter than they'd ever been but they still passed cautious notes at each other. 

"You two are late" a voice drawled. Davina took a second to glance at the teacher that stood in front of the classroom. He was tall, somewhere around 6ft but not anything taller. His hair was a flaming auburn and fell in locks on his forehead. His blue eyes shimmered under the light but they weren't the nice ocean kind of ones, they were like ice. Cold and unforgiving. 

"Sorry sir, got a bit caught up" Maisie stated, attempting to defuse the obvious anger bubbling.

"And your friend?" he continued, glancing Davina up and down. 

Davina withheld a shudder. The professor must have noticed because he smirked lightly, obviously getting the wrong image.  

"I was with her" she stated, not even bothering with being respectful. Dumbledore was honestly fucking stupid when it came to hiring staff. The amount of times he'd hired a staff member that either wanted them dead or wasn't who he or she claimed to be. 

"Very well" the professor hummed, looking at her once more before turning back to the board where he seemed to be writing down some content on the use of light spells in battle. The two girls looked at each other before going to take a seat next to one another but was stopped by a hand. 

Sirius had gotten up from his seat next to Remus and practically shoved Davina into it before pulling Maisie into the seat next to him. The teacher didn't happen to notice being to enraptured by something he was writing down. 

"What was that?" Davina hissed. 

"Quiet" Remus responded calmly. Now that Davina notices, most of the girls were sitting next to a boy. There were no girls sitting together and from the outside it may have looked like the teacher had planned it out but in reality it was so much more. 

She turned to look at Maisie but the girl seemed to be tense. Davina wasn't exactly sure why she was but she did want to offer the girl some comfort. Before she could, she noticed that Sirius lay a hand on her clenched fist, slowly lacing their fingers together. She smiled slightly at the action before turning back to the front, attempting to learn what the teacher was saying. 

The class was slow and incredibly uncomfortable. All the teacher did was stare at certain students and continually pick on the girls, giving them detentions when they didn't know the question. So most of the boys created a ruckus causing them to land in detention as well, just in case. 

"Now who can tell me one of the greatest light spells of all time?" The professor asked, looking through the crowd. Lily stretched her arm up, awaiting for the professor to pick her. 

"Yes Ms Evans?" 

"Wingardium Leviosa?" She questioned. The professor lightly tsked moving towards her desk and tapping his finger very close to where her hand lay. James looked as if he wanted to jump the professor and bump him on the head. 

"Sadly incorrect my dear" he sighed. He moved along the line before stopping in front of Davina's desk, his fingers slightly brushing her arm as they swayed. 

"What about you ms Evergreen?" Davina shuddered slightly before pausing to glare at the teacher. 

I don't know? But you are one touch away from getting a taste tester of the worst dark spell there is!

"The Patronus?" She questioned innocently, as if she hadn't been threatening to use one of the unforgivables on him.  The teacher grinned at her, before nodding his head and walking back towards the front of the classroom. Davina was more than happy that the weird man was as far away from her. 

"You alright" Remus asked quietly. Davina was warmed at the question. It had been a while since she remembered someone asking her those exact words. Harry was always concerned about her but it was different when he was. 

"Yeah" she said, smiling lightly at him. She turned back to look at the board and the teacher who appeared to be rambling about the patronus and happy memories. She didn't know if she would be able to produce such a thing anymore, considering all her happy memories were from the future and somehow tied to a devastating event. 

It was a never ending cycle. Every time she attempted to get better and find happiness the voices of all her friends would cry out to her about their pain and their suffering and how lovely her life must be. After hearing them she can't bear to allow herself to be happy, not knowing that they suffered. 

Her thoughts were interrupted when a warm palm enclosed her hand. She looked down and saw Remus's hand on top of hers, resting there and providing her the right comfort she needed. She looked up at him and he smiled at her, softly squeezing. 

Maybe, just maybe, she could allow the smallest of joys into her life. 

Just him.