- 17 -

DAVINA FOUND THAT she really enjoyed Regulus's company

DAVINA FOUND THAT she really enjoyed Regulus's company. The boy was rather funny and yet whenever she needed to talk he was there. He was childlike when you really got to know him. Davina suspected that it was something to do with his lack of it at home but made no comment about it.

The two bonded rather well. Regulus felt the constant need to look out for his niece, regardless of not actually knowing her and Davina felt as if she owed the man something after he had sacrificed his life for the future.

She hadn't told the boy about her task for them but chose to wait for Severus to get on board before devolving into the extraneous details.

The marauders were yet to realize that she had made friends with the boy and we're still trying their best to either infuriate her or make friends with her.

She had care for magical creatures today and thought she might as well attend the class. She didn't normally because the class was in the morning and it was always really cold but thought she might as well as she had nothing to do.

She tried her best to attend all the classes but something in her was saddened by the idea of attending them without her friends. DADA was no fun without Harry, charms without Hermione and Care for magical creatures without Ron.

She sighed heavily before making her way to the class. She really did love magical creatures, they fascinated her but she couldn't bear it without the lovable Hagrid teaching it.

"Alright students" professor Kettleburn said, clapping her hands to gain the student's attention. "We will be looking at Thestrals"

Davina had always loved strange creatures. They reminded her so much of herself at the start of her life. The unwanted child, the murder's daughter, the dangerous child. She felt that she resembled the creatures in a way. Dark and scary on the outside but loving and sweet on the inside, much like the Thestrals.

"Now who can tell me anything about Thestrals?" The professor asked. No one in the class answered, all not entirely sure at what they were. Davina cleared her throat, attracting the attention of her fellow pupils and the teacher.

"Thestrals can only be seen by those who have seen death," she said, watching as some students become overwhelmed by the revelation as to why they were able to see them.

The teacher nodded his head to approve her answer. "That's correct indeed, 10 points to Gryffindor." The teacher then continued to ramble on and on about the scary creatures and their habits.

Davina took the chance to look around at her fellow pupils. Some of them looked distraught at the face of the creature while others remained oblivious to them. She noticed that Sirius and Regulus both looked upset but what really surprised her was the look on Remus's face. She hadn't expected the man to be able to see the creature but was shocked that he did.