23 || Fake WWE Matches and Drunk Confession Sessions

She watched her best friend skate with his Dad

She watched her best friend skate with his Dad. It was fun to watch. She'd gasp when he fell on the ice and his Dad helped him back up. She's screamed her lungs out when he skated perfectly, she was his biggest fan and he knew it. She'd watched him hold his first hockey stick, she'd cheered him on smiled at him. He smiled back, and that was the coolest thing ever.

"Wanna skate?" He smiled innocently, in his small hands were a pair of purple skates. She giggled and nodded, and he grinned at her. He helped her put on the skates, and helped her get in the rink.

His father smiled as he watched them skate together. He didn't join them, but he loved watching as his taught her how to skate. They didn't fall, they held on to each other while he taught her a couple of stunts.

They told each other stories as they skated. They laughed about the annoying handwriting of their English teacher. They sang their favorite songs, and made fun of each other.

Do you believe in fate and destiny?

I don't think there's anything stronger than fate in a moment like this.

◈◆◆◆◆◈◆◆◆◆◈

Snap out of it.

Fucking snap out of it.

"Brittany, you okay?" Nick's voice slices throw my thoughts. "Hey, you froze for a second, you don't like skating?" He's got that worried look on his face, his sexy face.

"Sorry, I'm fine, sorry," I manage a laugh but he pins me with an "I'm not stupid look". "I'm serious, I'm fine," I throw my arms around his neck and he smiles. Why does he have to be so cute?

"Alright Lovers, get your girlfriends off the rink," Coach Mike yells from the bench and I hear Liz giggle at something Aaron says.

"No!" Hudson yells from somewhere behind me. "You guys are not going to make me feel lonely, No!" He yells again and Aaron's shoulder shakes furiously as he attempts to hold his laughter. A few beats pass before Hudson asks, "Where the hell is Alex?"

"He said he had to catch a flight back to Seattle, said something urgent came up," Terence answers as Nick guides me away from the rink, helping me take of the skates.

Wait a minute.

Wait a fucking minute.

Something urgent came up.

Dammit, Clayton.

Before I know what I'm doing, I'm taking my phone out of my purse and dialling Jodie. It goes straight to voicemail. Oh shit. He's getting married to some princess, he shouldn't be anywhere near my best friend. A few more tries and it still goes to voicemail. So I leave a voicemail male that Alex is on his way to Seattle and that I'm worried about her and he doesn't deserve her love or her tears. The moment I hit send, I meet Nick's eyes and I pause when he nods knowingly.