27 || This Isn't Casual For Me Too

"Look familiar?" Tyler snarled

"Look familiar?" Tyler snarled. He came home, looking angry. He also dropped a familiar picture of me and the cute little boy I kissed as a child. We were giggling and screaming when Dad took that picture. Happiest moment of my life. And that's the thing about Pictures, they bring back everything you're trying to forget.

"Justin and I were messing with old pictures and I found this, right next to Nick's nightstand," he shoves the picture in my face. "so it does look familiar,"

"Take that thing away from me!" I scream but he cackles.

"I'm so sick of this shitty game you and hockey boy scout are playing," he laughs bitterly.

"You don't know what you're talking about!" I scream, tears threatening to come out of my eyes.

"I saw Justin's Mom at the damn cemetery, guess who she was visiting? Mom!" Tyler yells. "and if you're not ready to admit it, let me spell it out for you——"

"Tyler please——"

"Nick is your Nick!" He yells and I cover my ears, tears rushing down my cheeks. "and i just want my sister back!" He continues yelling. "I just want my sister back, not this shell you have become since the accident!" He yells more. "I want my family back!"

"Tyler, get out of here!" I scream, my eyes burning with tears.

"I might have given him some hints," And then my heart stops.

"What the hell did you just say?" I move closer to him. He doesn't flinch.

"I told him about the accident, told him about Rose too," now his voice is like a whisper. "I don't hate you Sis, okay.....I don't just understand this shell you have become," A sarcastic laugh escapes my lips. "Why are you even doing this modelling shit?" He hits the nail again.

"Tyler, you have to go," I snap at him.

"Because Rose did that beauty contest and Mom was proud of her, and that somehow you want Mom to be proud of you too," His words stab me in the chest. I don't want to admit it. I don't want to admit it. I'm not going to admit it. No.

"Alright, Ty, that's enough," Jodie yells as I hear her approaching footsteps.

"Yeah, I've dropped my message," He grinds out.

I watch as my brother, the one person that has always cared about me, look at me like he doesn't recognize me, hurt clear in those glassy eyes. Tyler walks out of the house, slamming the door behind him.

I burst into tears.

I didn't want it to be true. I wanted it to be all my imagination, I wanted it to be a coincidence, but it's not, it's real. It's Nick. My Nick. The little boy that always got me cake whenever I cried, the little boy that wanted to know my name so bad, the first person apart from my Dad to see me as me, and not as a shadow of my twin sister, the little boy that made me believe in magic, that watched the stars with me, and made wishes for me.