35 || Aaron Texted Him?

December runs so fast

December runs so fast. It's funny how at the beginning of the month I was trying to get myself together and now, now it feels like everything is perfect.

Dad and I have gotten closer to each other over the past few weeks, Tyler and I too. We've been having tons of family dinners and games and most of all, we've all been healing slowly. Losing Mom and Rose affected us all in different ways, and somehow, we've been able to understand each other and get through everything. It's a work in progress for three of us.

Christmas is my favorite holiday. This is because of a little tradition Nick and I developed when we were kids. Every Christmas Eve, before our families fought, we'd go to our favorite stream and let go of every bad stuff that happened in the year. We'd pick up stones and sea shells and name each of them our problems and then throw them into the stream. When we were done, we'd fall asleep and Ava would come find us. We'd get an earful, but it was worth it.

When mon moved me across the country, I did it once, at a small river, my childhood heart hoping Nick was at our stream doing it too. After that year, I couldn't bring myself to do it alone so I stopped and I also hoped he didn't have another bestie doing all that too.

Well now things have changed, now Nick and I are way past being besties. We've somehow managed to evolve from friends with benefits to two people who have insane strong feelings for each other. Which is the craziest thing ever.

I'm walking into Liz's office with Jodie and Diane next to me, talking about what her family does for Christmas. Which is nothing by the way. And how Christmas with Liz has been the best bombing experience since they met. Jodie disappears into another office as we stand, leaving me with her stuff.

Aaron approaches us by the door, his cheeks flushed and his eyes filled with worry.

"You think she's gonna have time for Christmas?" He asks Diane in a whisper and she laughs.

"Chill out Hockey boy, Liz loves Christmas," Diane chuckles while Aaron's eyes are locked on Lizzie as she hands instructions to her staff.

The way he looks at her.

"I need a favor," Aaron blows out a breath as we step out of the office.

"What's up?" Diane asks, curiosity dancing in her voice.

"Um," he sighs, his eyes darting between Diane and I as he speaks. "I'm proposal to Liz tomorrow night and I need your blessings and a little help, and I also need you to shut up," Proposing? Oh my fucking God.

"You're saying my bestie is going to be married, holy fuck that's amazing! Got a ring yet?" Diane squeals.

"Yeah, my grandmother's," he sighs when Diane gives him a rather weird look. "long story, I'll explain while we go shopping for something for Liz,"

"Can I tag along?" The words come out of my mouth and shockingly, Aaron smiles at me.

"Yeah, sure, I need all the help I can get," He sighs as Jodie joins us.