Daima

The old woman had called upon the greatest, royal daima to check on the princess. Just because Pari had been having relentless sex with Sohit, everyone thought that she was pregnant. Except her and Sohit of course. Only they both knew the tactics he had put into play for not being able to generate a kid yet. But, she called her as a disguise. Honestly speaking, whoever birthed the first prince among both the princesses was going to the be the future Maharani. The other one would just end up being a plain old Rani and because daima was called under the pretense of checking both the princesses, even Aditi had a fair chance that day. Plus, she had a trick up her sleeve...

So, both the princesses and the crown prince were called upon by Rani ma that day, in the morning...

" Princess," her door was knocked on and she looked back at her husband who was still fast asleep. She had woken up early due to a certain feeling in her stomach. She just didn't know how...
" Yes?" She asked from the bed, in no intentions of getting up and leaving her warm, comfortable spot and the maid outside almost got excited
" Rani ma has called you and the crown prince in the medical room. She wants daima to check on you," the maid told her and she immediately sat up in her place. Daima?! She would understand that Pari was not pregnant. It would be no use!! But it was Ajji's orders. She couldn't do anything. So, she just obediently got Sohit up and told him everything to which he sweatdropped. That was going to be a long day, both of them knew it and as they walked over to the medical room, their nervousness just kept increasing...
They were practically scared at that point.

Aditi was already there when they arrived. Not only her but the other women of the household were also present. It was like they were the only ones who didn't know about any of that.

" You three go in first," the old woman ordered them and Pari only nodded lightly while Sohit frowned. He didn't want that to happen till he at least started trying!
" Ajji. Why do we have to do this?" He asked her in irritation and the old woman raised an eyebrow
" It's been 5 months since your marriage. One of these has to get pregnant by now, Sohit," she told him sternly. One of them had to get pregnant or his manhood pride would be taken off. He would be declared worthless of having kids or even an heir and the kingdom will go to the second prince.
" And what if I'm trying not to have kids yet?" He went closer to her and asked angrily. He was annoyed, irritated and just wanted to leave that place because he knew that the person they were all expecting to be pregnant was not going to be announced pregnant.
" And why is that? You are already 18. You need to have kids," the old woman had understood what Sohit had done, " Consider this a warning Sohit. By the next 6 months, one of them has to get pregnant," she added and just sent him inside the secluded room.

Pari was already sitting inside the room, in front of an old woman and her ghunghat was still on her. She wasn't ready to show anyone her nervous, disappointed look as she bit her own lower lip.
" Hmm," the woman had held her right hand strongly while checking on her pulse. It was the only way women in that country even found out about their pregnancy...
" Are you nervous princess?" The old lady asked her and her heart started beating even faster. It felt like it was going to come right out of her chest.
" You're not pregnant," she finally declared and Pari shut her eyes in fear. She knew that it would happen...
" Yet. I think in about two or three days more, you'll get pregnant," she completed and Pari's eyes opened widely. How could that happen? Get pregnant in 2 or 3 days? It was impossible!
" Prince. Take care of her," the lady added and the shocked man himself nodded. Maybe the old lady was trying to say that she would get pregnant in 2 or 3 days if they both continued the kind of sex they had... He understood it, Pari didn't. She was just, clueless.
" The second princess," the old lady turned to the other lady in the room, one who had a stiff face and no expression on it. She knew what would happen now...
The old lady's face paled after holding that woman's hand for about 5 minutes. Then, she smiled. What was happening there? Sohit, who was sitting between both the women was confused but Pari wasn't practically paying any attention towards Aditi's check up. She was only trying to figure out what exactly the experienced daima had sought to say.

" Yes. That is a healthy baby. Very strong heartbeat. 3 months for sure," came out of the old lady's mouth and both Pari and Sohit stopped thinking or doing anything. Their minds just went blank as they heard it.
" Congratulations prince. It is definitely a boy," the old lady looked at him with a smile and Aditi herself smiled while blushing but all Sohit had was a pale face as Pari turned to look at him in shock. When did he...? When.? Maybe that day when he said no to studying in the morning. That was three months ago. Maybe he just had Aditi naked on his bed and he didn't want Pari to know. Maybe, he really...
But he was in a shock of his own. The woman who was acting all innocent while sitting next to him with a smile was not carrying his child. He knew it. He was sure. All his time went away with Pari. Just because he told Aditi that he didn't care about what she did with herself didn't mean that he was fine with this little piece of shit she came up with!

So, he just cleared his throat and before he could even say anything, Pari got up and left the place. She didn't want any explanations because she could not think even in her wildest dreams that a wife would betray her husband. It was all him. All along...