Dirt

" Don't show your sinful face to us ever again in this lifetime," all she could was look at her lap with her fingers open. All she could do at that one moment was let the tears fall on the hurt hands that she had been chained pretty harshly just a few seconds ago... All the helpless princess could do now was hope that he would come to save her for one last time before she was really sent out forever.

But, he never did come to look at her...

After being prisoned in her own home for something that she didn't do, now, she was sitting in a doli that was taking her out of her house. A doli that generally is brought out when a newly wed bride is being taken to her in-laws place, she was sitting in such a doli but there wasn't an ounce of happiness over her face. Instead, there was only gloom and sadness.

Why? Because no one came. No one came to even bid her goodbye. No one came to take her side and no one in the entire palace came to cut those chains that were tightly wrapped around her hands. In all her 18 years of living there, she knew that she could trust only a handful of people but even those handful of people didn't trust her. The only person who came to big her goodbye was Rani ma who just wanted to see her plan being executed properly.

That old woman had no care about what the pregnant woman was going through. All she cared about was if her plans were coming to action. The plan to get them married in their mothers' wombs. The plan to keep her illiterate. The plan to hurt a small kid enough for the girl to decide to submit every single time some demand was placed in front of her. Her plan to get her grandson's second marriage done so that he remained distant with his first wife and now, her plan to finally get rid of the woman who was going to be the biggest threat to her as the ruler of her palace.

It had all worked and as the doli took the princess away from her home, she knew that this plan too had worked very well. She was least bothered about anyone's mental state. All she cared about was her power and somehow, that old woman really reminded me of modern day politicians because, even she could do anything to get what she wanted.

Killed her own elder sister with poison before her marriage so that she could be the one who married the late king. She was also the one who deliberately got the first wife of her husband killed right after he died so that she could take the responsibility of being queen. She was the one who played the king over her fingers and got whatever she wanted, wherever she wanted.

Yes, the fact that Pari was pregnant was a little thorn in her plan's perfection but, she had also thought it through. If Pari birthed a son in those dirty lanes of Raniganj, then she would snatch the kid away from his mother and have Aditi raise him. If Pari had a daughter though... Everyone knew that she wouldn't let the prince's firstborn be a girl. She would be ruthless milked and that old woman didn't care if Pari tried to kill herself after that or tried to kill her. She knew that her manipulation techniques were good enough to get everyone on her side sooner or later. Even if she knew that many were there who didn't believe that Pari did it...

But the princess? She was breaking from inside. She needed her husband by her side at those few crucial moments that she was taken away. She needed to see his face for one last time before she was sent away forever. Would she even be able to meet him ever again? She didn't think so. But he didn't even come to meet her when he could...
In short, she was sure now, as she held her own hand that he didn't want to see her. He didn't believe her. After everything that they had been through, one misconception really made her believe that he didn't want her around anymore.

So, as she looked up at the dirty, dark walls of another palace that was present in the other side of her kingdom, she had one thing decided. She didn't wish to go back either. To prove her innocence? She didn't want it. To prove to everyone that she still was the loyal princess they all talked so fondly about... She didn't want any of that.

One mistake she made of being alone with that woman. One mistake she made and now, she was reduced to dirt in the eyes of everyone that she grew up with. It wasn't even her fault and they still blamed her. Didn't even let her speak her side. And the worst part? The man whom she was counting on. The man whom she was sure would believe her and her alone was not even ready to look at her. He broke her trust that day by letting her go and 18 years of love was now just torn into dust.

Now, all that remained in her heart was determination to get back at everyone who wronged her. She wanted to hurt everyone who hurt her equally as hard. A princess reduced to nothing? She was going to get back her tittle and her pride.

Revenge.
Probably wasn't the best idea in her condition but at that moment that she saw women like her, whose pride was cut in open markets looking at her, she knew what she wanted. Because she could see that fire of anger and hatred in their eyes too.

Dirty women. They were dirty women who slept with anyone and everyone for money. But could anyone talk about why?
How were they supposed to survive in a world that had ditched them due to useless reasons? One had a patch over her hand and was considered untouchable. Another was of the origins of being a princess but was sold to that place by her own husband. And then there was one who was thrown out of her own house due to a misconception...

Yes, she was one of them now. A dirty woman. She now stayed in those gullies. Now, she conversed with those women that society would never accept. And now, she knew that she needed to get them in her side too...

This was going to be just the start of her story because realization had just hit her.
That hunger for power... It had just entered her veins and now, she would do anything to protect her pride now...

The king's first wifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें