Tapped potential

" Where are you going now?!" he had a letter hidden in his coat's pocket. A grim look over his face and seriousness in his eyes as he tried to leave his room when his wife questioned his actions. 

Memories were flooding through his mind. Memories of the way his sister was kept. 
Once a princess... She was now kept like nothing more than a servant or a prisoner in that small room that reeked so something Godly awful. The fear that he had never seen in her eyes before that one night. As his wife walked up to him in the middle of the night with doubtful eyes, he only remembered the tears that had left his sister's eyes the night he had met her. 

Sure, he had met her only once in his life but seeing those tears coming out of her eyes and knowing for a fact that she was his blood, real sister really made his blood boil. Because even he knew that she was innocent. Yet, the palace did that to her. The place he had thought she could be safe in, did that to her and left her completely broken. It made his blood boil, just thinking that even the prince couldn't save her even with his all mighty influence in the court. 

His teeth were jarring as he remembered every single thing that had happened that night. 
" Pr-pranav?" she had sounded scared and at first, he hadn't understood why his brother-in-law chose to send him on such an important mission but now he knew the answer to it very well. Because it didn't matter if he had never met her in his entire life or hated her. She was his sister and she was crying because she was punished over something that she had never done. Nothing mattered more than her happiness to him at that moment and it honestly eye-opening for him because the prince had finally been successful at unlocking his inner potential. 

The flame that was burning in his mind was only a small reflection of his potential.

Because nothing mattered more than his sister's sadness for him anymore. Nothing. 

" Wh-what are you doing here? Did they..."
" Jiju send me di... Sohit jiju. He asked me to deliver this to you," why he couldn't get her out of that place that very night, he wasn't able to understand. Why the prince asked him to only deliver a letter and not take her to a safe place, he didn't understand. Nor did he like that he had to leave without her. But he still trusted the prince. Sure, he also wanted to punch that man in the face and kill him for failing in saving his wife but somewhere, he knew that if he went off track from the plan that the prince had, it was going to cause issues to his sister and no one else. That's why, he had left with a heavy heart that night, with a letter in his hands as an unsettling feeling kept bugging his heart. 

" I asked you something. Pranav! Where are you going at this time?!" but there was someone who wanted answers from him too. 

His wife. 
Suhani. 
She had been worried sick ever since he told her that he had been summoned by her brother to the palace. For over half a month, he hadn't come back home and now that he had come, he was already leaving for the palace again. A man who never raised a single finger of his to do something productive no matter how much he was taunted and scolded. Her brain couldn't believe that he was doing something important and her heart didn't want to believe that he was going behind her back and doing something sinful. She was torn because according to the letter that she had received from her mother just recently, he hadn't been to the palace. As far as her cousins' and mother knew, they hadn't even heard of him being summoned to the palace. 

So, she was scared. As it is, already her sister-in-law's life and family had been destroyed. She didn't want to be the next one to have a broken family. So, she asked him. To soothe her doubtful heart, she even asked him through her eyes as she held his hand and stopped him from leaving her alone in that room. Ever since she was married, he had always been around at the house and never once left her alone at night. But now, she couldn't digest that he had begun going out for weeks along and not minding staying away from her. Was there someone...? 

" I'm going to meet your brother-"
" No! Ma told me in the letter. You hadn't gone to the palace the last time! Where were you?! Pranav?" she questioned. Hoping from the bottom of her heart that he'd have a sensible answer. She was scared of losing him. Like her dear sister-in-law lost her husband, she was scared... Didn't want it to happen to her and didn't want to share him either. With whomever it was, she didn't want to share anything. 
" It was a secret meeting-"
" Tell me then. What secret meeting? Is bhai at least trying to get bhabhi back? Please. I need to know this, Pranav... Bhabhi. My bhabhi hasn't done anything wrong! I know it. Please explain it to bhai if you are really going to the palace," was hard to find a woman with a heart of glass that cared so very deeply of others but, she was in his life for a reason. He felt grateful for that reason and although he couldn't tell her anything, he did sigh and nod his head at her request.  
" I'll tell him that," 
" Do you promise me? You're going to meet bhai only and no... No one else. Right?" women. Wherever they were, doubt and jealousy immediately came around as a second emotion and he had understood that way back. After all, it had been years since she came to live with him too... 

" I promise," that's all he left her with that night... 
" I'll get her out and I'll tell this to your brother too,"