The king's first wife

" This is wrong your majesty!"
" The kingdom needs you!"
" You should not break the century long tradition!"
" This goes against the laws of nature!"
" The Royal family is not allowed to go beyond the boundary of the forest, your majesty!"
" You might bring havoc on the kingdom if you do this!" 
" It is a sin to even think this, your majesty!" 

The few ministers he had spared had quite a few questions for him as he declared his decision to everyone in a secret meeting that took place inside his study chamber.

" So you are saying... That your king will... Willingly commit a sin?" that question made them shut up and so did his 'no-nonsense accepted' attitude. 

But they weren't the only ones with opinions...

" Your majesty... It is a good idea to lend a friendly hand to the other world. It can help us a lot,"
" Yes, your majesty. Their new technologies can help us a lot,"
" We can learn the new technologies and share our ideals with them. That way there can be a good exchange of ideals between the kingdoms,"
" It will be very beneficial for the Kingdom your majesty,"

The ministers that he had replaced with his own trusted men had nothing but agreement in their words toward him.

" But your majesty... While you are gone. Who will rule the Kingdom?"
" Exactly! You can't leave the Kingdom like this! Someone needs to rule it!"

But all of them had the same question in their minds that they expressed without any doubt.

A question that he had the perfect answer to.

There were only insiders in the meeting.
The ministers, the King, a few important soldiers, the king's first wife, and his small, 21 month old son.

Why were his son and wife there?
Because he wanted to involve them in every decision that he made. And he'd made a point that she brought their son to every court session.

He felt that if his son saw how the court worked when he was younger, it would help him when he got older. He felt that if it was engraved into his son's mind when he was younger, the knowledge of handling court matters would emerge when he had to handle the court matters on his own.

It was a superstitious thought of his but, what could anyone do?
He was the king and no one dared go against him after he had beheaded men on his coronation day. He could do anything to people who didn't listen to him...

Everyone was scared of him by then.

" I have decided who will handle the court while I am away," he had his mind made by then.

So, he looked to his side. Looked at the woman whose face was currently covered by the ghunghat that he had always asked her to put on her head. He looked at the mother of his child, the woman who was holding his toddler with so much love and affection that he could never understand.

And he held her hand out of nowhere

" Pari will be the one ruling the kingdom while I am away," 

Everyone. 

Literally, everyone stared at him in disbelief. 

Even his own trusted ministers could not believe that he would say that. 

They had come to the conclusion that he would ask all the ministers to rule and give them the ruling powers. Or he could go as far as to bring his brother back from his "exile" as people called it and let him rule at least till he was out. 
Even letting his 21 month old rule the kingdom could have been somehow agreed upon 

But this decision? 

This decision was frowned upon. Even by his trusted ministers. 

" YOUR MAJESTY!?" an old minister screamed after a moment of silence, " THE THRONE IS A SACRED PLACE! HOW CAN YOU EVEN THINK OF LETTING A WOMAN SIT ON IT?! I DO NOT AGREE TO THIS! I WILL NOT LET A MERE WOMAN GIVE ME ORDERS AND DISGRACE MY FAMILY!"
" ME NEITHER!" 
" EXACTLY!"
" THIS IS A SIN!" 
" HOW CAN YOU EXPECT US TO EVEN LISTEN TO A MERE WOMAN!" 
" Your majesty... It might not be a wise decision to keep the crown princess on the throne..."
" Yes, your majesty. You should think about this better," 
" THINK ABOUT THIS?! ARE YOU ALL FOOLS?! HE NEEDS TO GET THIS IDIOTIC THOUGHT OUT OF HIS HEAD! HE IS THE KING! SUCH FOOLISH THOUGHTS DO NOT SUIT HIM!" 

" FINE!" He shouted in the end after listening to them bicker amongst themselves and there ensued a long pause of silence where everyone just stared at him as he glared at each and every one of them 
" If you don't want to take orders from the FUTURE QUEEN! My WIFE! Then... You don't need to come to the court from tomorrow," 

" WHAT?!" 

" YOU ARE ALL DISMISSED!" he screamed at the top of his lungs 

" YOUR MAJESTY! We have worked for the crown for centuries! IT'S IN OUR BLOOD! YOU CANNOT SNATCH OUR BIRTHRIGHT FROM US!" 
" I DON'T NEED MINISTERS WHO CAN'T TRUST MY VISION!!!" he declared, " AND I AM THE KING!" 

" Your majesty! She doesn't even have the knowledge to run the kingdom! She's better off working in the kitchen! You can let the prince handle the kingdom till then!" 
" Are you the king?" 
" N-no. No, your majesty... What are you saying?"
" THEN WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE WHAT MY WIFE SHOULD DO AND WHERE SHE SHOULD BE?!" he almost held that minister's collar in anger, if it wasn't for the fear that he could feel, which was coming from the woman standing behind him. 
" I AM THE KING. I HAVE TRAINED HER AND I KNOW HER CAPABILITIES WELL ENOUGH! SHE'S THE BEST PERSON TO RULE THIS ENTIRE KINGDOM! IF I HEAR ANYONE SAY ANY WORD AGAINST HER ONCE AGAIN... I SWEAR THAT PERSON WON'T SEE ANOTHER SUNRISE!!!" he declared 

" But with what right are you letting her rule the kingdom?! She isn't even the queen yet!"

" WITH THE RIGHT OF BEING THE KING'S FIRST WIFE!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to take a minute and thank everyone who read this story. 

This is the last chapter of this book. 

But you needn't worry much because there is another book coming out. 

The story is not finished yet. 

I will start publishing the next book after a few weeks. 

Thank you again for reading this book, voting, and leaving comments ^-^