Childbirth

" Pari..." she was excessively remembering his voice that day. Didn't know why but from the moment she woke she had been remembering him and although he hadn't ever said much to her, she had missed even that word. Because now, no one called her by her name. They called her "Princess" or "you, girl!" rudely. Like, she didn't have a life apart from being an ex-princess. 

" Don't run," his stern voice. His peaceful demeanor seemed to dominate her in every way. His Tsundere image in her heart... Yet, she terribly missed him. And as the rains poured all week long, she remembered dancing in the rain along with her old friends. She missed seeing peacocks but, she mostly missed the one man she knew would always secretly look over at her, dancing and having fun. 
To be factual, he had stopped her from doing many things. Made her hide her face in front of every other man and been too possessive to let her normal conversations even with his own brother. He was toxic, in a way. In today's date, if any man were to do that, his woman would just walk right out of his life... 
But, she was different because she didn't want him to change his toxic ways. Didn't know why but she felt and knew for certain that all he ever did was only because he cared for her. And they did have their own fair share of fun moments, whenever, he did manage to lower his guard. 

" Sohit... Where are we going?" one such time was when they had wandered into the forest. It was out of the palace boundaries and only men were allowed to hunt there. Besides, those two were relatively very small. Were only 12 back then, when he held her and dragged her out of her chores because he wanted to show her something very important. Something that he had found the last time he went hunting with his father. 

She had no idea why but, as she gasped between her contractions, she remembered that one day very particularly. When he had held her hand so very strong and not let go... Even after they encountered a wolf. He still didn't leave her hand. He only slashed the beast into pieces, in front of her eyes and ran off from the crime scene along with her only to stop when they reached a waterfall. 

Did not know what that waterfall was doing in the middle of the forest and she didn't care. 
Probably remembered that incident because, as she went through the worst pain of her life, she wanted to feel him being close to her. And although he wasn't there, she surely could imagine that the one holding her hand was not another woman but him... She sure could get delusional and think of that hand like his. Feel the warmth in his heart and get a little courage from her. 

" YOU! HEY! YOU CAN'T TAKE A BREAK RIGHT NOW! GET UP AND PUSH!" everything was a blur. Everything. Only a constant feeling of being in immense pain had engulfed her mind by the end of the day and she was tired beyond the limit. Was in fact about to faint but, the women there knew that if she went to sleep now, she was never going to wake up. So, one of them slapped her hard a few times to get her to open her eyes. 
" PARI!" but, she didn't open her eyes until her ears imagined hearing that word, " GET UP!" in her confusion, she didn't know what happened but the wet nurse by her now looked like her husband 
" PUSH!" his stern voice ordered her and subconsciously, she couldn't help but get her strength back. If it was his voice... She'd do anything he ordered her to do. Anything. 
Was on the verge of death and it was probably her mind playing tricks with her to keep her alive but it worked. Somehow, it gave her the strength to push harder than ever, and soon enough, the pain was gone. 

" Thank God," his image went away from in front of her eyes as she kept her head back on the pillow. If she knew that childbirth was that hard, she would have never wanted any kids... But she was much more bothered with why she could never see him anymore and only see women around. 

" It's a boy," sighed in relief. But those weren't the words that she was hoping to hear. A boy...? She could see the women around cleaning the crying baby and then, wrapping him up in a cloth but... She really couldn't think much at that moment. Just didn't have the power to. 
" Hmm..." all she knew was that her baby was there and she wanted to hold him. Whether it be a boy or a girl, she wanted it in her arms. 

" Don't give her the child,"
" Huh?" was panting hard. She was covered with sweat and the bed was covered with blood. Couldn't even breathe properly but, when she heard an old woman say that, her motherly instincts just kicked in
" That stupid prince somehow managed to get a decree to let her back in the palace. If she goes with a son... Our plans are ruined forever... Besides, this is the heir of the next king. Kill the child,"
" no!" she heard every single word that old woman said 
" Nobody has asked anything of you! Shut up! We will kill both of them and blame it on childbirth. Understood?" her child was right in front of her eyes, still crying. But, she could no longer hear his cries because there was a hand over his face. A hand covering his cries. An old hand belonging to an old woman who talked with the women around her and all Pari could do was frown as she slowly tried to get up. 
" But Badi ma-"
" Zip it. We can't have this dynasty have another heir...!" Without any power in her, she got up. Was drained, and had no energy, but had the single determination of saving her son. 
" You will not do anything to my son,"