Newbie

It was late at night when she heard the sound. The little girl that she had decided to adopt was sleeping on her bed and she was busy patting her head softly, just like she remembered her mother-in-law doing when she was small. One lullaby she knew and that was the one that was coming out of her mouth in the sweetest mouth as her own eyelids became heavy. Moon was shining right over her face and the pregnant princess was about to fall asleep when she heard a small knock coming from the door of her room. 

The knock woke her up but she was more or less a little tired to wake up and open the door. So, she only sighed and kept her head down, on the bed. Where once she used to sleep on one of the most comfortable and soft mattresses in the world and where now she was stuck sleeping in a rather stiff bed without any pillows. Where once maids took care of every need of her and opened the door to her room if a knock was heard and where now, she had to wake up herself and walk to the door. 

Still, when she didn't open the door after a while and just sighed in her place, another knock was heard over it and this time, even a voice was heard from behind it. A male voice... Something that she hadn't heard since she came there. Yes, many men visited that place every day but she never bothered to wait up and hear their voices. And of course, she knew that many men wanted to sleep with her now that the word was spread and many even did show up just for her but, Badi ma wasn't that bad of a person. She knew that a pregnant woman shouldn't be taken advantage of. So, she had sent all of those men away or distracted them from their lust by the use of some other woman. At least she did one thing right by not letting the princess be bothered by those flocking men. 

" Princess!" But this one was different... She could feel it in her bones. 

This voice just seemed different. It was as if the man behind the door actually had respect for her and that intrigued her so, she frowned and slowly made her way to the door. 

Raniganj wasn't a safe place for women though and she knew it so, just for safety, she kept a vase in her hands as she frowned and kept a hand over the door, trying to hear what was happening outside 
" Who?" she asked boldly while a thousand bad thoughts ran through her mind and the man outside only sighed and smiled as he realized that she was actually giving him some attention
" Vijay. Princess... I. Badi ma. Son," his English though was a little broken. Couldn't form proper sentences but, she got the gist of it. 
" What are you doing outside my room?" still, she didn't open the door or see his face. She only kept it closed and kept waiting for an answer because she still didn't trust any man who stepped on those soils.  

" Princess. I... Help," 
" What?" but when he said that, she actually opened the door while her eyes remained squinted and a huge frown remained over her forehead. The vase was still in her right hand but the hand was hidden behind the door as she stared at the man in front of her. The hazel brown eyed, short haired, attractive, sculpted, tall man. Man, did he have the looks... He could give Sohit a strong competition but in Pari's eyes, there was no romantic value in anything. She was currently only focusing on the feelings of anger and revenge that she had in her heart. Although, that wasn't the best thing to keep thinking about when one is pregnant. Still, she was focusing over it. 

" What help?" but in his eyes? She was the actual blue eyed beauty that he had dreamed of for years. After all, Pari was famous in the country as the purest, kindest angel-like princess till that incident took place... Her milk-like light yet, smooth skin shone under the dim light of the moon. Those long locks of black hair that reached her waist... And just the beauty she had over her face even when she was frowning... He couldn't help but gulp before actually being able to continue. 

" I Vijay. Born, brought up here, princess. Amma... Badi ma, my mom. Her only son," it was hard for him to even open his mouth in front of the beauty that stood in front of him but, he had somehow managed to open his mouth and speak in front of her... 
" Ok... So?" haye, the way her earrings swung around in the air when she nodded and kept frowning... Was it just him or was she as beautiful as an angel? 
" So... You say you teach. Read, write. Speak..." and now, as he spoke, she squinted her eyes and loosened the grip over the vase. Almost like, she had guessed that he was harmless... 
" You want to learn?" 
" Yes! Yes. Amma's dream! I learn read. Write books but, no one teach na me. I from this place after all. But if you teach, I promise, I will get amma learn too!" ok. His English was seriously broken and he really needed to do something about it. But, he did also make sense and some part of her actually felt bad for him. 
" But why did no one teach you? You're a boy-"
" Born on the soil of Raniganj na princess. No father. Only amma. And amma try! Very much. But no one agree. So, she sent me out of here,"
" What do you mean?"
" Out of the forest. To other world... Amma sent me. And there na. No nothing like Raniganj. Everyone, equal. Like, so so good. No woman tortured like this. I hear you today. Say, you bring change... I want help change. I mean, amma ne athraah saal try kiya lekin mujhe ek guru ne nahi liya. Kyu? Kyunki mai yaha se hoo! Rajkumari... Mujhe bhi yeh sab badalna hai. Amma ke liye... You know. She done too much for me, my sisters. Please. Let help," All she could think when he was done was that she had a lot of work ahead of her if she wanted to get him to speak sensible English... 

--------------------------------------

Hey guys. 
It's not much but I just wanted to take the time and say that I have been receiving all your comments and have also been reading them and honestly, I am so glad that you all liked my story. So, I just thought that I would start updating this story a little faster from now on. 

Also, I love writing reading this story, and reading all your comments. It really encourages me to write better. 

Thank you so much for your replies. 

I hope you all keep liking my story. 
^-^