Out of Reach

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆Amelia。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"That little snake blasted me."

"Agent Artemis." Amelia skidded to a stop, gulping, she turned around, her hands started to shake.

"Fuck me, should've ran faster." She muttered to herself, now face to face with the God of Mischief himself, except he wasn't her Loki, not yet anyways, but now he's here, not in custody, he's never going to be her Loki.

"Laufeyson." She spoke sternly, feeling her sheathed dagger. Loki froze, his eyes wide with surprise and confusion and after a beat, realization.

"You're not from here."

"Excuse me?"

"For one you called me Laufeyson, and another you're not apprehending me." Amelia sighed in defeat and her shoulders slumped.

"You're a fucking moron Artemis." she scolded herself.

"I cannot bring myself to disagree." The God smirked "you and Stark really need to work on being covert, if you are to travel through time."

"Just give me the tesseract Loki." She ordered "Don't make me take measures."

"Now why would I do that?"

"So I can save trillions of people." she answered factually "including you" she uttered the last part quietly.

"And you know me too." he straightened up "I need to get out of here." he suddenly realized, his hands curling around the tesseract tightly

"Loki please don't." she reached for his hand "I need this, I need you back." she pleaded "I lost you, don't make me lose you forever." she studied his bruised and bloodied face, his shorter hair, his asgardian attire, rather than the sakaarian one she last saw him in.

Amelia knew he couldn't escape the consequences even if he escaped her, she knew he just broke the timeline, Stephen being the protector of time, taught her all about the consequences of breaking the timeline, she was one of the very few humans who knew about THE organization, The Time Variance Authority. She was surprised that they hadn't come and taken her away or her team 'was this supposed to happen?' And it wasn't going to be long before they took him away, she couldn't stop that, she could at least get the tesseract.

"So you know me?" Amelia nodded, her throat dry, unable to say any words "well, we will know each other." he spoke to himself, playing catch with the tesseract "then I believe you know why can't do that darling."

Amelia scoffed, pushing her emotions away "why? So you can pledge your undying fidelity to Thanos?" she mocked, sighing when he flinched slightly "I know what he did to make you take over the world or whatever, if you go with Thor to Asgard, you'll be safe."

"The titan knows I failed, there is no corner in the universe I will be safe." Amelia's breath hitched, she clenched her jaw as he leaned in "I'm sorry love, I really hope you win, something tells me you always do." he stood up straight gesturing to himself, finally taking hold of her shoulders, she felt herself freeze, not able to make any sound decision when the man she loves just stood there in front of her, alive. "I am also sorry for this." Before Amelia could question him, she felt a jab of pain in her chest and in a swift second she was on the floor, unable to move, and holding her chest in pain.

"That little snake blasted me." she looked at the empty space where her love once stood, clearly escaping with the tesseract.

She couldn't do anything about it now, he could be anywhere away from her reach. She took a deep breath, her eyes falling on a discarded mask, she quickly reached for it, putting it on, guarding her identity as she made her way back to the alley. "We're so fucked." she puffed out skidding to a stop when she was met with the rest of her team.

A/N: I have no idea what the holy fuck this chapter it, literally what the fuck is this?

but she got....