Chapitre Dix-Neuf

Chapter 19

About an hour into the ride, I finally had enough energy to sit up. I whimpered and whined quietly as I stood to my feet, falling but catching myself from one side to the other.

"Alpha," a little girl mumbled. Her mother hushed her before watching my body tremble. How was I going to get my pack out of here? I didn't even know where we were. I hope Dad can find us. I'm terrified. I'm inexperienced. I don't know what to do. Where do I even start?

My ears perked. I have to. Even if it's painful. I walked over to Misten.

"I need your help," I muttered. He growled in approval with a fierce look. I kicked the lock with my hind legs, busting the lock immediately.

"Have I ever told you that you're kinda cute when you show off your power and skill?" Misten teased.

"Whatever. Stay put until we're stopped. Then, I want you to kick the men free to help you get everyone out. After that, run. Don't wait for me. I'll catch up. The pups come first. Just run. Find any help you can get. Be safe."

"Alpha!" a female cried. "That's not fair! You're injured-"

"I don't care," I snarled. "This is my responsibility. You will obey my orders and never turn back."

"Y...yes, Ma'am," she whined.

"Do you all understand?" They looked hurt or even hesitant, but a fierce light shone through each of them. They all nodded. "Good." I laid down for a moment to rest before what I was about to do.

It was hours later before the truck finally stopped. My ears perked up.

"We're here," someone sighed in relief as the truck door was slammed up front. I nodded, Misten quickly released himself, leaving his little brother in the cage momentarilly to free the other males and the mates from the lock. Swiftly, him retreated back into the cage to pretend he and his brother were still locked up.

"Stay here," I murmured quietly, standing up. "When I get them away for even a minute, take your chance and run. Carry the pups. It'll be safer." I heard the notch click, and I looked forward. My ribs wouldn't heal. I needed Doc immediately. Or any doctor. I growled, setting myself into a lounge position.

"Yeah," one was laughing before he noticed me. "Oh, hi, Darling. Remember me?"

I lunged for him, knocking him over with my weight as I landed on his chest. I leaped off to the side, avoiding grabbing hands. I barked before running away. Each of them followed me, naively believing that it was impossible for the others to get out. I ran hard and fast. I didn't know the area, nor did I know whose territory I would accidentally step on.

I planted my paws, skidding to a complete stop when a group of wolves snarled viciously at me. I gulped in panic and fear, turning around at the sound of harsh sprints carving indents into the ground with their shoes. Where now?

"Duck, Love," someone ordered before a giant figure towered over top of me. I whimpered. The deep, malicious snarl rippling from the chest above sent shivers down my spine. The hunters stopped dead in their tracks. "You will go no further. You are about to trespass on pack territory. Turn and leave while you still can." He closed his eyes when the stubborn men held their ground with a sneer. "So be it. Boys," he commanded.

They snarled, lunging for them. I ducked down with a whimper. The, who I assume was the, alpha picked me up by the meat on my neck. Yes, I was fairly small, but this wolf was enormous. I am not kidding when I say he is literally three times my size. He was huge. He growled one more time at the men before turning to walk deeper into his territory.

When we reached a mansion, he gently set me on the ground. My ears flattened back. I must be a helpless pup in his eyes...and I couldn't agree more. I was trembling. I was absolutely terrified. However, what terrified me the most was not knowing if my pack was safe, or if I'll ever be found.

"What's your name, Little One?" he asked gently. I tucked my tail when a few other males joined us. He sighed heavily. "Come. You must be hungry." He slowly walked ahead of me before pausing to see if I was following. I couldn't bare the pain that was engulfing me from the harsh exercise I put myself through.

Instead, I laid down with a pathetic whine. He stiffened, inching towards me. He sniffed at me before slightly touching my injured side. I whimpered, looking at him with helpless eyes, begging him to put me out of my pitiful misery. His eyes narrowed instantly, and he straightened his stance soon after.

"Go have Martin prepare a room and get set up. I'll bring her in," the alpha ordered. His men nodded, trotting up and into the house. He looked back at me. "Shift." I shook my head and snarled at him. No one gets to boss me around. "Such a feisty pup," he chuckled. My growling seized before a quiet yelp when he picked me up again.

He laid me in front of the porch and retreated towards the back. I looked around in confusion, but I understood when he came back fully clothed in a charcoal grey t-shirt and dark blue jeans. Once more, he hoisted me up in his grip, carrying me up the steps. We didn't even make it to the door before it was thrown open, and a male made a break for it with the man at the door chasing him.

"Damn mutt!" He hollered. He didn't even notice us as he raced after the running wolf. "Stay the hell out of this house!"

"Trenton," the alpha snarled. "Touch one hair on his head, and I will skin you. You should be the one banned from the house." The man looked over in horror. "Max!" he called. The wolf paused, looking back. "Come!" Max returned to the porch, growling at that Trenton guy before sitting at his Alpha's side. "Is Martin ready?" Max nodded his head, looking at me. My ears flattened again. "Good. Come." Max left with a snarl to the horrified man before following after his alpha.

A few boys walked into the hall from different directions. A girl here and there followed with. A blond boy was laughing up a storm.

"Dayumn, Max. I think you left a trail of piss on your way," he laughed. The wolf growled in displeasure.

"Trenton will no longer be a problem," the alpha spoke as he made his way closer.

"What's with her?" someone, a boy with red hair, asked, pointing to me. I sniffed his hand cautiously. Beta. I flinched when his hand flattened above my head. It paused, and nothing happened. I opened my eyes when he gently pet my head. "You're okay. I won't hurt you."

"Any of you lay a hand on her, and you'll be eating out of dog bowls for a week."

"Sir," they saluted simultaneously.

"Good. Where's Martin?"

"Upstairs," the beta answered.

85 votes1100 viewers33-35 comments

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

85 votes
1100 viewers
33-35 comments

I'm only updating on Holidays.

❤ 💛 💚 💙 💜 ❤
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
💏 💋 👪 💘 💑 💌 👫❣ 👬💍👭

NEXT UPDATE: ST. PATRICK'S DAY

(March 17th)

Behind The Maskजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें