Chapitre Cinq

Chapter 5

I felt the bullet before I even smelt it. It tore through my flesh in my back right leg. I let out a loud yelp before I could stop it. The searing pain coursed through my hind leg.

"Good shot, Son."

"Thank you, Father."

I stared at the hunters. Wasn't this fortress secured? This is why I hate witches. They always lie. The elder man looked vaguely familiar. It's swiping over a light switch, but nothing is clicking.

Wait...that dark hair. Those pale blue eyes. The eyes weren't similar, but they still seemed familiar. My head was pounding from the silver bullet. That's it! Sylver...they remind me of Sylver!

"Well, Sylver, my boy!" the man called up into the trees. I seen a dark shadow drop down from the tree. In the moonlight, stood my mate. His eyes took me in, and he sneered at his father in disgust. "She'll fetch us a good price, won't she boys?"

"Alpha!" Dominic cried as he busted through the front doors. The other three were hot on his tail. The witches and the others rounded the bend, too. "You! After not killing you, this is how you betray us? Killing the Alpha's daughter? Your mate trusted you, and this is what you do to that trust?"

"What is he talking about, Son?" the father sneered.

"Nothing for you to worry about, Father," Sylver answered.

"All this time...you have been going against your hunter instincts and hanging around these filthy mutts? You disgust me."

Sylver was thrown against the wall by his father. He raised his gun to Sylver. I snarled, trying to get up to protect my mate. I didn't have enough power. The silver bullet had my energy being drained rapidly. I heard Dom huff, but with excellent speed, he was in front of the father in a split second.

He gripped the gun and busted it. He slightly winced due to the gun also being silver. He did the same with the little brother, too: smashing his gun as well.

"Don't lay a hand on the future male Alpha. He'll be in good hands away from you," Drane spoke, standing in front of my mate protectively. The main witch and others stalked towards us. Head witch knelt down, removing the bullet with her magic.

"Let's go, Son. We should report back," the adult hunter announced. The boy nodded, watching my mate. He turned his head in shame before walking off after his father.

"I'll come get you, Tom. I promise. I won't let you stay there anymore, and you'll finally be free," my mate said, quiet enough so the father didn't hear.

"I know," the boy responded. He  looked around. The father disappeared. Suddenly the young boy threw himself at his brother, tears running down his cheek. "But I wanna stay with you now, Brother. Don't leave me alone with that monster."

The boy was crying. In pain. In hatred. My mate ruffled his hair gently, holding him close. His eyes were set on me alone, and there was this intensity about them that gave me the chills.

"Then we will keep him in our protection," Dominic said. "It's not a big deal. Besides, he's my mate after all. I've got to steal him sooner or later."

Sylver gazed at me in confusion, and his brother stared at my Beta in shock and confusion.

"What's a mate?" Tom asked.

"A soulmate as you humans call it," Dom answered.

"Since when can werewolves be gay?"

"Since you humans learned to be gay." His jaw dropped. He had red cheeks, and he pushed closer to his brother. Dom just glared at their position, but he looked away a few seconds later in disinterest. Tom's eyes looked hurt at that. "But it's not like I expect to be accepted. You hunters still have arranged marriages, right? So I shouldn't expect someone's heart that was already given to another to give someone like us a chance."

"I think you're stupid," Tom laughed, but Dominic snarled at him. "How old do you think we are? Twenty-five? Listen: Hunters only get a fiance at twenty-five and get married a few months to a year later." Tom rolled his eyes. "My brother here is only nineteen, and I'm eighteen."

"You're pretty young for your builds," Drane cut in. "And both adorable." I snarled at him followed by Dom's protective snarl. Bentley and Sean just shook their heads at the sight.

"Let's go inside before someone gets shot again. Young Alpha, we should get you patched up right away..." the head witch trailed off as she looked over my already healed leg.

I stood up, limping forward. I jumped up on my back legs as the transformation started. My fingers grazed through my hair while my other hand held onto the railing to keep me up right.

"We're werewolves, remember? We have instant healing as long as there's no silver in the wound," I explained to the other creatures' shocked faces. I clenched my jaw as a wave of pain shot through my leg. "Although I may not be able to walk for a while. It may take a long time for my body to securely heal the muscles from the bullet."

"I'm sorry," Sylver suddenly announced. I looked at my mate who had tears in his eyes.

"Come here, Sylver." He obeyed and stood before me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pushing all my weight to my left leg, but Sylver held up all of my weight instead. "Are you positive you're not a werewolf?" I quizzed. He nodded, watching my facial expression. I sighed with a smile.

"Why?"

"Oh no reason. You just act like us, that's all." I glanced over his shoulder at the four boys who nodded their heads in agreement. "You're sensitive, well built, you have our physical and mental strength. Plus, you're not easy to control which is perfect for an Alpha position."

"Gee...I should have chosen the Alpha title as my career choice," he said, rolling his eyes. I smirked, leaning up to his ear.

"Not to mention...you've got my wolf so wound up and needy, it's hard to tame her," I whispered so only he could hear me.

you've got my wolf so wound up and needy, it's hard to tame her," I whispered so only he could hear me

15 votes
150 viewers
11-14 comments

I'm going to start only updating on Holidays because everybody refuses to comment.

🎄   🎄   🎄   🎄   🎄
MERRY CHRISTMAS
🐖  🐾  🎁  ☐  👪  ❤

NEXT UPDATE: NEW YEARS
(January 1st)