Chapitre Vignt - Cinq

Chapter 25

I sat on my bed with my head in my hands. Tears were leaking down my face. Emilio had stormed out the front door almost two hours ago. I didn't think he would be so angry with me as I broke the news to him. I felt terrified going through with this without my twin's support. It was too much for me to handle. I wanted my brother right now more than anything, but I knew he didn't want to see me right now.

I had to break the news to my parents and the boys as an explaination for Emilio's behavior. Dom said he was already made aware by Sylver, much to my parents' displeasure. They said they should have been the first to be made aware of the situation. My delta and two generals seemed genuinely surprised. However, they said I would always have their support. Tom had looked upset.

"Sylver has always been my backbone," Tom had explained. "We've never really been separated for long, let alone with so much distance."

I had a gut feeling that I just ruined everyone's lives. Not just Lio's. I felt as if someone flipped the switch, turning the entire world against me. While Sylver had been holding me and comforting me, Joden had disappeared from sight. I had no idea where he went. Maybe it was all an act.

Either way, I had locked myself in my room and everyone outside of my room. Including Sylver. I couldn't face anyone right now. Although, I did feel bad that Sylver had to deal with a pack he barely knew, understood, or had connections with on his own. It led me to opening the door, yanking him inside for his mental and emotional protection. Possibly even physical.

He kissed my temple gingerly as we sat in silence. He knew that I didn't want words. I just wanted him by my side. I wish Joden hadn't left. I wondered where he was. Did he leave for good, or did he leave temporarily until the drama died down? I didn't know. I couldn't figure it out, and my head throbbed.

"Baby," Sylver mumbled, breaking me out of my thoughts. He lifted my chin, kissing my lips sweetly. "Don't think like that. We both know you did it for your pack. It was a life-changing choice. As for Joden...he's nearby. I know you're upset, so you really weren't searching for his presence. We both love you, Jazlynn. Whether you believe it or not. I don't like sharing, but I have to share my brother with your beta. Now, I have to share you with Joden. Quite frankly, it annoys me to no end."

"Good to know," a voice chuckled. My head whipped to Joden, and Sylver huffed, eying him from the corner of his eye.

It may be annoying, but, God, I like him. His personality. That devilish smile. His eyes. His tone. His body...those hands. Firm yet gentle. God. Get it together, Sylver. There's no way you like that model of a God...

I giggled, and Sylver's eyes snapped to me. It was funny reading his thoughts. Joden smirked in approval.

"Guess I'm not your mind's only eavesdropper," Joden chuckled. Sylver's face flushed red. He was usually the dark and mysterious type, but he looked so cute right now. It was absolutely adorable. "By the way, Jazlynn." I gazed over to the tall, mischievious man that just so happened to be the king I served.

"What is it?" I wondered.

"Your brother...he's pretty interesting."

"Wait, you spoke with Emilio?"

"He did." My eyes snapped to my younger twin brother in the doorway. "If he hurts you, not even our Moon Goddess could save him. King or not, no one hurts you. That goes for Sylver as well, but I'm not too worried." He smirked before chuckling darkly. "Dad taught you how to kick ass just as well as I can, but he taught me how to dispose of a dead body. In case you ever had any boyfriends." I rolled my eyes.

"The men in my life are so dramatic," I huffed.

"So, I'm a man in your life?" Joden teased. Sylver snickered quietly beside me.

"I can't say you're a man. More of a boy," I retorted. He immediately frowned in displeasure. I stood to my feet, heading towards Lio at the door. He bent slightly, kissing my forehead.

"That's my sister," he murmured. "Also, Grandma's here."

"Really?" I questioned, and he nodded in confirmation. "Well, why didn't you say so earlier?" I shouted, vanishing from the room and almost tumbling down the steps. I heard my mom's lovable laugh from the ballroom in sync with dad's hearty chuckle. I bolted for the sound, running straight into Dominic. I stumbled a bit, but he caught my hips to steady me.

"Easy there, Alpha," he said. His eyes held a little worry in them. He led me into the room, and my grandmother engulfed me in a tight squeeze.

"I'm so glad you're all right," she whispered. I felt a single tear drop hit my shoulder before she pulled back to observe me. "Look how much you've grown, Hun. You look just like your grandfather. It makes me want to cry."

"Have you told her the news?" I muttered to Mom and Dad. They simply nodded. "Great."

"There's nothing we can do about it," Gram told me, stroking my hair with her right hand. "He's your mate, and that is the one thing I've taught Johna not to interfere with. Unless they are in constant immediate danger."

"But I have two," I confessed quietly.

"Nothing wrong with that, now is there? Besides, are these two mysterious, charming boys yours?" I just stared at her in confusion before I heard his rich voice speak.

"Good evening, Madame. It's a pleasure to meet a wonderful warrior such as yourself." Joden bowed to her, causing the series of questions to go off through my mind. "I see where my mate gets her good looks from." I couldn't help but face palm with deep red cheeks.

"At least you have manners unlike your father," she stated.

"Yes, well, my siblings and I all believe that the packs would benefit without him. Though I may be of his bloodline, I wish to bring change and peace amongst my people as well as giving the ladies a little more freedom and peace of mind. Your granddaughter will be safe with me. My father is banished, and anyone who takes him in will have their title and pack stripped from them. I will eliminate him if I must, but I would have rather not shed blood." He looked at me. "Not that I'm afraid to if push comes to shove."

"Are you referring to Alexander and Gregory?" Gram questioned. Joden closed his eyes to remain calm. "I'm very disappointed in him. It is unacceptable what he's done, and he has already been dealt with." I glanced at her, but she simply smiled at me. "You didn't think this old fool would dismiss someone who mistreats her grandpups, did you?" I sighed with a smile, shaking my head in disbelief.

"I'm surrounded by crazy, terrifying people," I claimed.

115 votes
1400 viewers
42-44 comments

I am only updating on Holidays. Meet the requirements for faster updates.

👊 👬 👥 👭 👊

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY

👫 👬 👭 😂 😇 😈 😜 👭 👬 👫

NEXT UPDATE: VALENTINE'S DAY
(February 14th)

Next chapter is the Epilogue, and then the book is finally complete!