Chapitre Deux

Chapter 2

Silence.

Everything was silent.

Everyone held their breaths.

That's all that could be heard.

Pounding.

My heart pounded.

The door was pounded upon.

Father opened the door, revealing six werewolves and a hunter. The hunter sneered in disgust. Hunters hate the sight of werewolves, and even being in their presence makes them want to vomit. We share that mutual feeling.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, Your Majesty. We came to retrieve the dungeon keys, for we do not have access to it ourselves. You have the only key," the wolf in front told my dad.

"Jazlynn," Dad said. I perked up, knowing it was my job to fetch the keys for this type of situation. The hunter peered into the house. Our eyes locked, and I could feel the sudden heated aura wash over me. The boy was covered in dirt and cuts. His arms were bruised quite badly. I bit my tongue, quickly looking away.

I started walking aimlessly towards the staircase. I jogged up the stairs and into my room. Pyrite was hot on my heels. I dropped down to sit on my bed, catching my breath.

"What was that?" I asked her as she jumped up on my bed to sit with me.

"Mate," Pyrite said simply. My body went stiff. I shook my head in denial.

"No. I'm not the mate of a hunter. I can't be. I'm the future Queen of Baxston Pack. My mate will be a strong werewolf who can hold his own against me. Not a human, and certainly not a hunter."

Pyrite whimpered at my words. I opened the secret compartment in the floor, yanked out a rusty box, and resecured it. I proceeded down the steps again, and I headed for my father. A deep agony flashed through my body. I dropped the box on accident and doubled over in pain.

"What the hell? Pyrite...?" I asked. Mom was immediately in front of me with a face of worry. The Alpha kids advanced forward to help. My father growled at the hunter.

"Don't look at me, Mr. Royal Pants. I didn't touch her," the hunter spit.

My brother placed his hand on my back, rubbing gentle designs. I struggled for air. What is happening to me. Pyrite whimpered, feeling my pain. Is it what I said? About the hunter?

"Bring her here," the hunter demanded. He obviously was sick of nobody doing anything. Father wasn't happy to do so, but he knew he could outsmart the young hunter in case of emergencies. I resisted against him dragging me forwards. My defiance always made my dad furious.

Did he know? Did the hunter know what he was? What he was to me?

Dad settled me in front of the hunter. The wolves cut his wrists free of the rope that bounded them together. He rubbed his wrists, no doubt soothing their ache, and he just looked over my face, trying to determine the source.

Another wave of pain swam over me, and I doubled over again. My arms were tucked around my stomach. He gently took my chin, forcing me to face him. My eyes no doubt held the world's pain.

"Damn females," he cursed. He let my chin go. His hand reached around to his back. He pulled a knife free from his brown, leather belt. My mother, father, and brother all growled murderously at him. Emilio stepped forward to intervene, but the hunter raised his hand with a firm glare.

"Put the knife down, Kid," one of the Alphas snarled.

"It's not meant for her," the boy simply replied. Before anyone could ask, he slit a deep wound into his palm. He hissed in pain. I could tell black spots clouded his vision, but he shook it off. He dipped his finger tip in his own blood and began drawing something on the floor.