Louis sick at the NJR awards

This is a request from @MajaAvocado. Enjoy!

Louis's POV

I woke up to the most awful sensation in my stomach. It was turning viciously and I was afraid to even move. The worst part about this? Today is the NJR awards and we would be in front of thousands of people, and will be filmed the WHOLE time. Just thinking about it made my stomach hurt worse. I looked at the clock and saw I was dangerously late to waking up. I should already be showered, dressed, and finishing packing my bags for when we stop at a hotel for the next week.
Despite my stomach's protest, I quickly threw the covers off and jumped out of bed. I didn't have time for a shower anymore so I just put on extra deodorant and cologne.
By the time I finished getting dressed and packed up, I had gotten a raging headache to go with my intense nausea. Just a wonderful way to start a huge day. Note the sarcasm.
I stumbled down the stairs and met four pairs of concerned eyes staring at me.
"You alright there Lou? Going down the stairs shouldn't be difficult for you." Zayn said with a laugh.
I rolled my eyes.
"Why didn't you guys wake me up?" I asked annoyed.
"The times got pushed back, so we turned off your alarm and let you sleep longer." Liam replied.
"Oh, alright, thanks." I said.
I wish I had known so I could have showered. It could have helped with at least the headache.
I sat down at the table and put my head down. My stomach was killing me. I would do anything to lie down on the couch, but I knew that would raise suspicion, so I had no choice but to suffer in silence.
"You lads excited for today?" Liam asked, dishing several plates of breakfast for us.
All the boys smiled and nodded and replied with things like, "I'm so pumped!" or "I can hardly wait!" .
I was excited until I woke up feeling unwell. Maybe it's just one of those mornings where you wake up a little unwell, and then you're fine by the afternoon. Maybe I wasn't sick. Deep down I knew I was. I could feel a fever coming on, but my stubborn self refused to believe it. Before we got on the bus, I took some ibuprofen just for caution.

We finally arrived at the venue, and I felt no better. The ibuprofen did nothing and I was really wishing I could just curl up in bed right about now.
"This is gonna be sick!" Niall exclaimed. I cringed at choice of words.
"I'm so pumped!" Zayn added.
I didn't add anything to their shared excitement, hoping that no one would notice. I could tell at one point, that Liam cut me a confused look, but I acted like I didn't see.
We got into our room, where we would chill out until it was time to go receive the award. Eventually Lou came in to do our hair and make up.
When she got to me she looked at me strange when started messing with my hair.
"Louis, are you feeling alright?" She whispered.
"Yeah, why?" I mumbled.
"Well, because you're warm, you're as pale as a ghost, and you only ever mumble when you don't feel good." She replied.
I sighed knowing she had gotten me.
"I guess I've had a bit of a tummy ache and a headache, but I'm fine. It's probably just because I'm tired from the road trip." I explained, hoping she bought it.
"Louis, you're really warm just for you to be tired." She said.
"It's uh, really hot on the bus, so I had to sit in the heat for the whole ride." I lied, feeling guilty.
She still looked hesitant, but let it go.
She finished up my hair and makeup and I made my way back to the boys.
"Hey Louis!" Harry greeted.
"Hey." I mumbled, plopping on the couch and closing my eyes.
"You okay Louis?" Liam asked.
I internally groaned. Why is everyone on to me? Am I really that noticeable?
"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked.
"Because you only ever mumble when you don't feel well. Otherwise you're talking our ears off." Liam replied.
"I'm fine." I assured, smiling.
They shrugged their shoulders and went back to their conversation. I didn't realize it, but I had fallen asleep right then and there on the couch.

"Louis....Louis....Louis!" Niall was shaking me awake, increasing my headache.
"You gotta wake up mate. We're going on out there in about five minutes." Niall explained.
"Wha-! How long was I out?!" I asked trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes.
"Five hours mate. You went to sleep on the couch and never even twitched." Niall explained.
"Two minutes!" Our manager called, telling us we should get into position. Just then my gut clenched and I felt bile rising to my throat. I ran to the nearest bathroom, ignoring the confused calls from my band mates. I fell onto my knees in front of the toilet and expelled my stomach contents. It felt like an eternity, wave after wave, until it finally slowed down. I wiped my mouth and quickly ran back to the others just as they were making their way to receive our award.
"And the winners for this award are...One Direction!" The crowd erupted with screams of joy and excitement as we entered the stage and received the award.
Liam started out with the speeches, while I awkwardly stood there trying not to lose more of last night's dinner. I broke out into a sweat and tried to wipe it away without anyone noticing.
"Lou, are you okay?" Harry whispered.
I nodded my head. I wanted him to enjoy his moment, not worry about me.
While Niall was wrapping up his speech, my stomach lurched and I slapped my hand over my mouth. I tried to sneak out and make a run for it, but the manager behind the stage shooed me back up there before I could even exit the stage.
"Thank you to all of you, we couldn't have done it without you!" Niall said.
I couldn't hold it in any longer. Vomit poured out of my mouth and it just kept coming and coming. I could hear the surprised gasps of shock coming from the audience. After several rounds of vomiting, it finally came to a stop. I looked up at the crowd sheepishly.
"Umm, I'm so sorry about that guys." I apologized. I could feel everyone staring at me worriedly, and I looked down at the ground.
"We're gonna get going now. Thanks again everyone!" Liam shouted.
Niall grabbed me by the waist and helped me get backstage. He sat me down on the couch and handed me a water.
"Well that was embarrassing." I said.
"Mate, why didn't you tell us you weren't feeling well? We could have helped you." Harry said.
"Didn't want to ruin the day. Besides, there's nothing you could have really done." I said, sipping on the water.
"Well, it's all over now so you don't have to worry about it anymore." Liam said encouragingly.
I gave him a weak smile.
"Let's get you home Louis." Harry helped me stand up and I swayed back and forth.
"You alright there mate?" Liam asked, nervously.
"Just a bit dizzy is all." I replied.
Liam held his arm around my waist and helped me walk to the car

One Direction SickficsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara