Harry sick and hurt

Harry's POV

"How do you break your ankle tripping over your own feet Harry?"

"I didn't! I told you there were these kids and they- "

"Yeah we've heard that story Harry. Just admit that you're just clumsy." Niall teased.

"I'm not clumsy." I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.

I may be clumsy but it's not my fault that some parents don't know how to watch their kids. Of course this incident had to happen when no one was around. I was minding my own business, just trying to go for a run this morning in the park, when these kids came around out of nowhere kicking a football, and of course I didn't see them when they kicked the ball right in front of me and I tripped right over it. I fell the wrong way and ended up somehow breaking my ankle. To avoid getting in trouble with their parents, the kids had said I tripped over my own feet and of course with my magnificent luck, that's the story everyone believes. Even though both kids know what really happened, neither of them apologized for sending me to the hospital. The whole ordeal was rather humiliating. Not only did I just trip over a ball and break my ankle in front of two kids that looked to be about 7 or 8 years old, I had to deal with their parents insisting on calling an ambulance for me while I sat on the ground in pain. Next thing I know I'm getting a cast put on while the boys teased me for "tripping over my feet" and breaking my ankle. I just wanted to go to bed and forget this day ever happened. Unfortunately we have a concert tonight so I'll only get to rest for a couple of hours until we have to leave. My ankle was really hurting and as much as I love performing concerts, I really didn't want to go tonight.

"The doctor said to rest it as much as possible so go to bed and we'll let you know when we need to leave." Liam said as he helped me to my room.

Thankfully Liam was a lot more sympathetic and didn't make fun of me. I think he actually believed my side of the story which I was grateful for. Louis and Niall however found the entire situation hilarious and kept teasing me.

"Do you need anything? Water? Food?" Liam offers.

"I think I'm good for now. Thanks Liam." I smiled.

Liam smiled and left me to rest for what little time I could. I curled into my blankets and fell asleep pretty quickly.

*************

"Harry mate, it's time to get up."

Begrudgingly, I opened my eyes and saw Liam there with a sympathetic look on his face.

"I figured you'd want a few minutes to wake up. We need to leave in five, Paul will be here any second. Management said you can skip out on sound check and rest on the couch in lounge until concert time." Liam says.

"Okay." I mumbled, my voice still crackly from just waking up.

Liam patted my shoulder and left me alone for a bit. I tiredly rubbed my eyes and sat up. The effects of the pain meds were still making me sleepy and I'm wondering how I'm going to last through this concert. Especially since everyone seemed to find my pain hilarious except for Liam who was the only one who actually pitied me.

I looked around my bed to see where I had placed my shoes only to realize that they were on the other side of the room. I internally groaned, not looking forward to this trip.

I slowly got out of bed and hopped over to retrieve my shoes. I slowly bent over and picked them up and started hopping back over to my bed. I almost made it back safely until I lost my balance and fell. The other boys must have heard my fall because next thing I know they're all rushing in here. Niall and Louis erupted in laughter while Liam went to help me up.