30- Oh, Ol' Brother Bai

Carefully counting back the days, Ting Shuang hadn’t seen Zhu Ao in almost four years.

He was probably in his second year of high school when he booked a room with Liang Zhengxuan for the first time. Without thinking much, he’d swiped the card that he usually used, just like when he usually went shopping. The payment details were recorded, and their ID records were also in there, so it was just too easy to track.

Zhu Ao had asked someone to track it, but after that, he didn’t say anything.

It wasn’t until Ting Shuang came home during summer vacation that Zhu Ao called him to the study and placed a printed form in front of him: the date he had booked the room on, the hotel, the card that he’d swiped… Even Liang Zhengxuan’s ID number and the times they had checked in and checked out. Everything was printed clearly.

“Are you looking to improve your quality of life? Why, is the school dormitory uncomfortable?” Zhu Ao raised his eyes and asked him.

That was him giving Ting Shuang a graceful way to back out of the situation. As long as Ting Shuang didn’t admit it, and as long as Ting Shuang didn’t take this relationship seriously, Zhu Ao would close one eye and let it pass.

Who hadn’t goofed around when they were young?

But Ting Shuang wasn’t goofing around, he was serious.

“You were keeping tabs on me? You looked into even these kinds of things?” He squeezed the piece of paper tightly, “This is my own business, what does it have to do with you?”

“What does it have to do with me?” Zhu Ao was so angry he laughed, “If you don’t want me to care about what you do, sure. Just put the card on the table and get out of here.”

"
"
Ting Shuang glared at Zhu Ao, took his wallet out from his pocket, took out his ID card, then threw the wallet, in which were all his cards and cash, on the table.

His watch was bought by Zhu Ao…

He took it off and threw it onto the table.

His belt was also bought using Zhu Ao’s money…

He undid it and threw it onto the table.

The slippers on his feet belonged to the family. Although he didn’t know who bought them, they must have been bought with Zhu Ao’s money…

He firmly kicked it to the side.

Ting Shuang looked down and evaluated himself. Luckily, the clothes he was wearing were bought by his mother, otherwise he would have to go out naked.

He turned around, and went out barefoot.

From behind him, Zhu Ao shouted, “Ting Shuang, do you want to anger me to death? Put your shoes on!”

“Who wants your rotten shoes!” Ting Shuang roared while rushing outside. When he raised his eyes, he happened to meet those of Zhu Wenjia’s mother. He was a little embarrassed, “Um… aunt, I’m sorry… I didn’t mean you, I meant the shoes, um, the slippers.”

Weng Yunyi choked slightly before tipping up the corners of her lips, “You’re eating at home today? Lil’ Jia will be back in a while. You brothers can eat together.”

“Thank you aunt, but I won’t be eating.” Ting Shuang nodded politely to Weng Yunyi, then turned back to shout towards the study. “I didn’t pay for the food and I can’t afford the food here.”

After he finished speaking, he scrammed from the house.

After that, if there was anything that he had to take from home, such as his high school certificate, he got Zhu Wenjia to help him take them. He really didn’t step into the house since then, and never used a single penny of Zhu Ao’s.