49 - Thank You for Ordering, I'll Try to Speed Up

Throughout the day, while working, Ting Shuang was celebrating inside. He did latte art for all the coffees he could, sending out countless hearts throughout the day.

Hearts and love. At the moment, he was full of that stuff, so full that no matter how much of it he sent out, it didn’t feel like a lot.

He also couldn’t wait to get off work.

While he was working and making coffee, Bai Changyi sat two meters away reading, occasionally raising his eyes to look at him. Their gazes met, and the two of them smiled at each other. There was no need for words.

After getting off work in the afternoon, when Ting Shuang came out after changing clothes, Bai Changyi was waiting for him at the entrance of the cafe.

That figure reminded him of when he had recklessly pushed open the door of the S17 classroom. It was that same back profile, but now, Bai Changyi had taken off the coat he’d worn in spring, and the thin golden spectacles chain rested on the back collar of the dress shirt he was wearing in summer.

At that time, he was trembling after pushing open the door, but now he could pounce right up after pushing open the door.

“Bai—”

After pushing open the door, just as Ting Shuang was about to pounce onto him and hook his arms around Bai Changyi’s neck, he caught a glimpse of someone.

It was Saturday, so naturally anyone could come to the city center.

Song Xin was no exception.

Song Xin had just bought a bunch of daily necessities from the large supermarket in the city center, and happened to pass by the entrance of Freesia. He noticed Professor Bai standing at the door and was about to greet him, “Profe——”

The last syllable caught in his throat.

Because off to the side, he saw a familiar figure pushing the door open, and that figure seemed like he was about to pounce onto the professor.

“Ting Shuang?!”

It was a terrifying sight.

An incredibly long second passed.

Countless escape plans flashed through Ting Shuang’s mind, from pretending to be the illegitimate child of Bai Changyi, to killing Song Xin.

Just as his body was about to touch Bai Changyi due to the effect of inertia, he changed his movement of hooking his arms around Bai Changyi’s neck to one of grabbing his collar.

It was just so strange to grab someone’s collar from the back…

And Bai Changyi stayed still.

Ting Shuang could only comfort himself. At least this was better than hugging Bai Changyi.

But what should he say in this kind of situation…

Could he say that Bai Changyi didn’t pay for his coffee?

No, he’d already changed out of his work attire.

But if he didn’t say that, what else could he say…

Forget it, it was too late, so what if he had already taken off his work attire, he’d let Bai Laoban be the scapegoat!

Just as Ting Shuang was about to speak, Song Xin threw whatever he was carrying onto the ground, and dashed over, pulling Ting Shuang away vigorously.

“Ting Shuang, did you drink fake wine(1)? This cafe isn’t a bar, right?” Song Xin glanced up at Freesia‘s sign, and lectured Ting Shuang softly, “Even if he’d told you to retake the course next year, you can’t fight him! Do you still want to graduate?”