54 - Hello, I'm Your Son's Rabbit

It was over.

The target did not come back, but the target’s parents did.

Ting Shuang’s mind suddenly went blank.

The footsteps and voices in the living room were getting closer.

If this rabbit costume were to be seen by Bai Changyi’s parents…

“Hello, I’m your son’s rabbit.”

Fuck.

At this point in time, what the hell are you thinking, Ting Shuang?!

Why was it that the more nervous he got, the less control he had over his brain?

Quick, think about what to do!

Go out and change clothes?

No, as soon as he left the dining room, he would be in the living room, where he would run directly into company.

Find a cabinet to hide in?

No, the cabinets in the dining area were divided into partitions, so there was no place for one person to fit into.

Jump out the window?

It was the fucking courtyard outside, what if someone passed by?

To solve the most pressing issue–

His mind churned endlessly in just a few seconds, and Ting Shuang swiftly and silently closed the door to the dining area and locked it from the inside.

His back against the door, he sat on the ground, heartbeat speeding up, and cold sweat running down his back. It took him a few seconds to think of using his phone to message Bai Changyi for help: Bai Changyi, come back quickly, your parents are here.

After sending it, he realized that Bai Changyi definitely wouldn’t think the current situation would be so critical, so he threw away any reservations he had about how shameful it would be, quickly adding: I wanted to surprise you, so I wore what you wanted me to wear last time. The, you know, rabbit with the garter stockings. I’m hiding in the dining area now. Hurry back! If your parents see this, this young master won’t ever be able to get it up again! Then you won’t have a sex life for the rest of your days!

As soon as he sent the message, Bai Changyi responded: Wait a minute for me. Don’t be afraid.

“Is Changyi not home? Is he still eating breakfast? I’ll have a look in the dining area.”

Ting Shuang felt like the voice was very close to the door. His heart beat even faster, his hands turning all sweaty…

“Tock.”

The door handle turned.

Even though he knew that the door could not be opened from the outside, Ting Shuang couldn’t help but shrink in response to the mechanical sound.

“Huh? Why can’t I open the door?”

“Ping Ping, Changyi isn’t here now, let’s–“

“Dad, Mom.” Bai Changyi’s voice rang out from a distance away.

He was safe.

Ting Shuang’s heart suddenly calmed down, like a plot of land that had gradually become cooler in the moonlight and evening breeze, after broiling in the midsummer sun for a day.

“Changyi’s returned.”

Footsteps sounded, and he heard them move away through the door.

Ting Shuang covered his mouth and only dared to breathe a little louder when he couldn’t hear any sounds from outside the door anymore.