50 - Thrill

These days, Ting Shuang kept watching dog videos online.

He was evaluating dog breeds, wondering what would be best for him and Bai Laoban to keep.

Firstly, it had to be cool, and secondly, it had to be smart, just like Bai Laoban.

“Bai Laoban, what dog breed do you think you look like?” Ting Shuang asked Bai Changyi.

Bai Changyi, who was reading, lifted his gaze, “I think you want a beating.”

“Please no, quickly, think about it and answer me.” Ting Shuang tossed the mouse to the side and sat on Bai Changyi’s lap, “I’m serious.”

“I’m serious too,” Bai Changyi said.

“Then I’ll think about it myself,” Ting Shuang slunk back to the seat in front of the computer, “… I wanted to discuss it with you first.”

The light on the computer screen kept changing, reflecting in his eyes, making it seem like he was looking forward to something.

Bai Changyi watched Ting Shuang for a while, “I leave this to you, I won’t meddle.”

“Huh? About what?” Ting Shuang’s eyes were still fixated on the dogs on the screen.

“Whatever comes before raising a dog.” Bai Changyi walked over and passed Ting Shuang a credit card, “Deciding what breed to raise, where we should buy or adopt from, where to get the vaccinations and microchip implants, how to pay taxes for the dog, how to buy insurance for the dog… You’re responsible for all these things.”

Responsibility helped one grow.

From Bai Changyi’s view, self-efficacy should be built through continuous efforts to accomplish one thing after another. If there was any way to stop feeling incompetent, it was to experience success. Even a small success would be carved into one’s bones as an important life experience.

Children, they should train themselves more.

With more successes, one would gain confidence and a sense of security.

If those weren’t enough to increase Ting Shuang’s sense of security, it was alright, for Bai Changyi still had enough of love.

“Ah? I don’t have any experience…” Ting Shuang looked up at Bai Changyi.

Bai Changyi smoothed down Ting Shuang’s hair, “You will have, after this.”

After more than a month, Ting Shuang completed all the procedures for raising a dog.

On a sunny Monday afternoon, he brought back a two-month-old weimaraner.

When Bai Changyi reached home in the evening, Ting Shuang was sewing up the sofa, looking as miserable as an old mother sewing clothes for her child under an oil lamp. The carpet in front of the sofa had a bulge in it, and that bulge was even moving around under the carpet.

“Ting, what happened at home?” Bai Changyi’s gaze followed the bump on the carpet.

“I brought our son back.” Ting Shuang turned around, and like he was unveiling some great artwork, he proudly lifted the carpet–

“Woof.”

A puppy with big ears was lying on the ground, looking at Bai Changyi with bright slate grey eyes.

Bai Changyi stood a few meters away from the carpet, looking down at the puppy.

The human and the dog looked at each other for three seconds.

Ting Shuang introduced Bai Changyi to the dog, “This is Papa[1].”

The puppy wagged its tail, running over affectionately and rubbing its head against Bai Changyi’s pants.