ch 30:Is it a goodbye?

The Christmas celebrations were over and a new year was once about to be born.But I'm here analyzing for my closing  exams.
    The morning were nothing but a fresh start.I was getting prepared  for my school as usual.I packed my bags and left for school.
     They have a  party in the evening after school.But guess I won't be able to attend that as I'm leaving for Gasdon tomorrow.
    I was taking sluggish  steps to school.I wanted to memorise the beauty of this city.Sometimes the locations keep more reminiscences  than the humans themselves.
    As I entered the campus,I notived the empty basketball court and  neatly maintained flower gardens.
This is the place the entirety commenced  but sadly,this is where everything is going to end too.
  The poster said,'If the love was real,they'll definitely get their memories back!"

I believe in his love!!

     The class was getting ready for the test.Shane was revising what he had learnt while Shawn was blankly staring outside at the river.
I waved at them both.
     "Hey....I know a tune,but I don't know what the song is.Help me figure it out after the exams".
  I gave him a thumbs up.
"You're coming to the party,right?",Shane looked at me,expecting me to say a yes!
  I nodded.
We didn't talk much after that.I was the first one to leave after school.Even though I had a lot of sad days  in this school,even though they bullied me and even though Meiko seemed to be a unfaithful friend,even though Shane doesn't seem to remember anything .I will miss everything and,everyone.

  Shane told me to help me with something and also asked me to stay for the party.But leaving would be the best decision,because I wanted to leave this city with a smile.

A mild breeze as it blows my hair back.I looked up at the sky.The sun has spilled its orange light all over the sky,the clouds looked like fire.This time,I was not waiting for the moon to come but rather wanted to enjoy the long sunset.Even the sun is refusing to leave.
   'Don't worry sun,we'll meet again at Gasdon.Bye bye for now',I waved at the sky.Many birds has already started to fly home.
    I reached Shane's house.I quietly opened the front door and placed my letter in the post box,while I was about to leave,his mom caught me.
  "What are you doing here?",she asked me,completely surprised.
  "No,I-",I was thinking what I should say,a proper excuse."I came to give this",I took the letter from the post box and handed it over to his mom.
    "What is this?",she looked at the letter from side to side.
    "A letter to Shane.I will be going to my cousins' for my vacation.So ,I  won't be able to contact him directly,so I thought of leaving a letter for him and Shawn".I stuttered but still completed what I wanted to say.
   "Oh!Smells good!",she smelled the card and smiled at me.
   "Sure!I'll give it to him!",she said.
I thanked her and left.She insisted that I stay till they both come home but I somehow managed to leave.
   I kept walking without knowing where I was heading to.My bags didn't seem heavy so I didn't have a problem,I decided to go to the mountain and stay there tonight.I'm going to stay awake.Tomorrow is the new year.Who sleeps during the eve of a new year?If I go there,I could watch the fireworks.Last time I watched it with Shawn.I won't forget that night when I found that Shane and Shawn were two different persons.
  I think I deserve it!With or without knowing,I messed up their lives completely!

      I hugged myself as it started getting cold.
  'The moon',I heard a voice behind me.
  Hearing this word,I quickly turned around to see who it was.My silly brain thought it would be Shane.There was a little girl holding her hands of her mom,pointing towards the big moon and laughed.
  'Mom,look.The moon",she said.
"Its beautiful,right?",her mom replied.

   'Yes,it is so beautiful that I can't let go of how it made me feel'.I thought to myself.
  I couldn't help but smile at that little child.

New year,new city,new school,new friends,new start!
    I don't think I'll see him again,maybe not in the same way.And also how will people forget someone if they are waiting for them to come back.He gave me a lot to remember but he has forgotten everything.Forevers may not exist but true love and hope does.

    I climbed the mountain without any effort.I had so much energy in me but still,I felt weak.
     The moon rose from the edge of the woods,giving off a cold light,making the snow-covered fields wither,making people feel colder.The sky is dotted with countless stars,holding everyones wish and blinking bright.
    He would be in the party now.Everyone would be enjoying their time together before the big vacation.But I'm here,standing alone,still waiting for a miracle to happen.
    I love my own company too.The only thing that doesn't hurt me is someone I call 'myself'.I can see the fireworks already.It has slowly started to light up the sky.
    Everything looks beautiful when you look up at the sky,it gives me endless courage that this isn't the end.
   I lean on a tree,hugging myself to escape the cold as tears run down my cheeks and land on my arms.Everything will end today!The dreams I had,I will leave them back in this city itself.
  The dream castle of wishes that I built with so much joy has broken down a long time ago.

     Sometimes I think about your promises and then come to know that it's only me,whose believing in that when the person who promised that himself has forgotten...
    Forgetfulness is a gift!If I had that more,I wouldn't suffer like this.
   It is also a curse,'cause if you didn't forget me,I wouldn't be suffering like this!!

  Why is it always me??