ch 31:Shane's POV

Everything was new here,when I came, except for someone.Jade looks so familiar.It feels like I've known her forever.She doesn't talk directly,she twists up the sentences,so its hard to understand what she's saying.
    As days passed by,I've grown an interest on her.Most of the time,she remains so silent.But that silence is the mysterious and interesting thing about her.She often gives me fruits and chocolates and for sometime,she is walking home with me.Why does everything feel familiar.It must be beacause of the accident.Why can't I remember anything from the past four to five months.It is like being drunk,everyone remembers everything about you except you.

      I missed those fights with Shawn,so now I'm fighting more with him to compensate for those days.Looks like he's been enjoying all by himself when I was away.Roaming around with Jade and that guy,he even rode my bike and has caused it a lot of damage!Did he think that I won't come back?

    I was suddenly standing in a dark street.I didn't remember anything.I didn't remember which city it was.Everything was new.Thankfully,some officers helped me in finding my house.Everyone who saw me asked the same question,"Where were you?",as though as I was serving prison sentence without anyone's knowledge.
I myself can't remember anything.I might have missed on something very important to my life,or maybe not.I just don't know,its completely blank.It feels like there is a huge black hole in my memories.

      The doctor who they took me to is a total waste.He got a lot of money but did nothing.What a waste!
    I thought it would be hard for me to adjust in a new school,but everyone was so nice and welcoming and seemed like even Shawn has created his own group of friends in a short time.But Jade,this girl makes me so curious.She doesn't talk to anyone in the class.She always stares out of the window or admires the sky or is busy scribbling something on her notebook.My eyes automatically falls on her for every few seconds.She seems so innocent,so people take her for granted.Sometimes,I wanted badly to cradle her in my arms and rest my chin on top of her head.I didn't dare,for fear I would damage her trust in me.

      The music was loud and everyone was screaming on top of their voices.I was sitting near the black-granite cocktail bar,sipping on my drinks.I can see Meiko,Daniel and Lesilda perched at the cocktail bar,tequila shooters going,music blarring over the sound system.Fred came and sat next to me,He was enjoying every second here.Excitement made his cheeks rosy as he broke the paper seal and opened the chocolate box.Inside were three rows of small round pieces of chocolate.He reached for one and held it up to my mouth.
   "Open up",he commanded laughingly.
   When I opened my mouth,he popped the chocolate inside.The instant I bit down on it,a burst of cherry-flavoured cream filled my mouth.
     At the other corner.Everyone were playing games and chatting with friends on their phones.Most of them were busy taking pictures and some were busy in devouring the cakes.
   It was past midnight.I left the party hall silently.Shawn has already left since he got a heavy headache due to the loud noise.
   I went home and refreshed myself.When I came back,Shawn was sitting in front of the television watching a cricket match.He was singing as he watched the test match,curiously.
    "Where are you now;where are you now!I'm waiting for you,my love".he sang,clapping his hands in joy seeing a positive score.
  This song felt familiar.
"Hey,What song is it?What movie?",I stood next to him,drying my wet hair.
   "This isn't from any movie. This is a song which Jade used to sing,Its her song and her lyrics".
    When I heard this,I started breathing heavily.
    "Baby,don't forget your promise to stay . Don't forget the oceans that called us to play.In the world for just you and me,we are living happily-",I could hear her voice in my head as I sung the song.
   "Wow!She taught you too!She's cool,right!",he exclaimed.
   I remember this song.She used to keep singing it.I held my head as it started getting dizzy,my tears rolled down as I sunk onto the couch.
   "What happened?",he asked with a concerned look plastered on his face.
   "Its nothing".
  I remember her.Jade,my world.Oh!no.This is why I felt like I've known her before because all these months I was with her.
  "Shane-",I heard my mom call me.
"Take this",she placed a card on my hand.The smell was good!Smells like roses.
   "What's this?",I asked.
"Jade told me to give it to you.She said she'll be going on a long vacation,so she won't be able to text you.So,she told me to give this to you.Sorry,I forgot to give it when you came home".
   "Jade gave this?",I was confused.
Where is she now?
  I told her to stay but she didn't.Is it because she will be on a long vacation?
   I wiped the tears with the back of my hand and sniffed as I read the letter.
  "I have to go!",I rushed outside.
  "Where?",Shawn asked puzzled by my actions.
  "I don't know",I left my house.
I rode my bike as fast as I could.
   "Please wait for me a little while.Give me some time!I'll come to you,Jade.Please don't leave me".
   I reached her house.I was releived when I heard noises inside.
  "They haven't left still.She must be here",I convinced myself.

  I knocked several times before the door opened.A young girl,a little elder than me,opened the door.
  "Shawn?",she looked surprised.
"I'm Shane.Is Jade here?",I asked in a hurry.
  "No,she's not.I don't know,she hasn't arrived home yet.We should be getting ready to leave,but she's still not here".she said.
  "Leave?leave to where?",I asked.
"Didn't she say you?We are moving to Gasdon,a city located a little distant from here.We must be leaving by now,but I don't know why she isn't here yet!"
  What?She's moving to another city!She never told me anything about this.What will I do now?Where is she?

"I have to find her",I whispered to myself.
  "Thank you . I'll leave now",I thanked her and left.
  The sun has started to rise.A new day has began.The morning fog covers everything in front of you.It is so difficult to ride during these hours.
I roamed and roamed and roamed around the city but I couldn't find her anywhere.This made me worry more.

   All our laughters and promises,I will not let them go into ashes.Our love will always shine bright.Poor Jade!When she first asked me whether I remember her or not,I shouted at her.After that,she never spoke about that strange place but continued to care for me.It must have been tough for her!Oh!I must find her soon.She must have really felt sad thinking I don't remember her.
  Wait for me,Jade.I'm coming!!
   A sudden thought popped up in my head as I saw the fireworks in the sky.The sky looked colourful.She always likes to go to the mountain side whether she's happy or sad.She must be there!I rushed to find her.
   I was exhausted.So,it was difficult climbing up the mountain.Its early morning and the climate is so cool.
   Just like I thought,I saw her sitting under a tree,watching the colours explode in the sky.The sun was slowly starting to show up.
    "How dare of my world to betray her moon and admire the sun?How can you do that?",I breathed heavily.
  She turned to face me as a smile appeared on her face the moment she saw me.
   "Shane?What are you doing-"
"I found my world,Jade",I ran towards her."I remember everything".
  "The promises,those silly jokes and the little laughters and our hugs and kisses and all the stories we talked.I remember everything.But oh!What is that place?It looked strange".
   "I'll explain it to you afterwards.But how did you remember everything?Just how?",she looked happy.
   Finally!I was glad to see a sweet smile on her face.This smile looked real and not like the fake ones she uses on the class.So,I felt a little relieved.Oh!I'm such a dumbass.I loved her so much but forgot that I was the reason behind  her smiles!

   "I heard Shawn singing the 'our promise to stay' song which we used to sing together.That was how everything came back to me".I smiled.
   "I thought you'd never remember our old days.I thought that you'll never love me the same way again!",tears rolled down her pink cheeks.
   "How can you even think like that?Where will the moon go,when it forgets its world",I wiped her tears.
  "You still haven't changed at all"
"Ofcourse not,my dear world.I'm your same,Shane.The one you spent all your happiness with",I laughed.
   "I'll never ask what that place is or how you appeared there often.But can I ask you to be with me forever",I leaned closer.
  She nodded with a smile,"Yes!"

  That is enough.I lifted her and kissed her.Her lips twirled to a side with a smile.This was our first kiss,in reality!
We held hands and laughed at each other.
   "Finally,we got to see the sunrise together!",she pointed to the half-risen sun hanging around the corner.

"Heard that you're leaving this city?",I made a little pout.

"Yes.But as things are back in place now.So,I'll call you daily and visit you more often!",she looked at me,with love in her eyes.

"Take care and don't forget to call me!"I smiled.

"Finally,I can leave this city with a smile",she held my hand.

"Don't flirt with any boys there!",I commanded laughingly.

"You too",she laughed.

"How did you find me?",she leaned on my shoulders.

  "True love will always finds it's way",I kissed her head.

She smiled.