17 - Collapse

I'm bouncing my leg up and down, sitting on the family room couch while waiting for Alessandro

My breaths are slow and I begin fiddling with my bellybutton piercing. I tend to do that when I'm anxious, excited, or nervous.

I wouldn't call it a good or bad habit. Just something I do. I sigh and lay back on the couch. Footsteps allow me to jump up, only to be disappointed by Bianca.

"Oh, are you waiting for someone?" She asks as she walks down the stairs with her headphones on. I nod, "your slow ass brother."

"Which one?"

I chuckle and turn to face her walking down the stairs. "Did you sleep well? Eat well?" I ask.

"Yep, slept really well." She smiles. I was about to engage with her more, but Alessandro's tall ass came walking down the stairs. One of my top favourite books in his hand.

I rush over to him and grab him by his wrist, "hurry up!" I sprint to the door and open it quickly. Alessandro moves quickly behind me, making to the car quicker.

"Relax, I'm coming." He groans.

"That's what she said."

————

I'm watching the road on the edge of my seat. Alessandro was afraid I was too excited and was going to crash his beautiful car into a ditch while speeding.

For once, I can't argue about that; because I probably would.

I'm holding his book, The Sweetest Oblivion. I'm so tempted to check where his bookmark is. It would pass time, and calm me down.

I slowly brush my finger over the top of the book and open it to where the bookmark is. Alessandro was focused on the road, so he didn't notice how I was rereading.

I pick up some words and begin reading, slowly realizing what chapter he's on. He's reading smut? It's light smut, but he's still reading it.

And God damn, it just occurred to me. We're in the mafia, reading mafia shit. He's a mafia don. Reading mafia shit!

Suddenly, Alessandro places his hand on my wrist, making me look up at him. "Are you enjoying what you're reading?" He's smirking.

I nod, "nothing I've never read before. It hits the same as every other book."

He chuckles, "but if we recreated these scenes that you find so interesting, would it still hit the same?" His hand falls down to my thigh, rubbing my outer area and keeping his eyes on the road.