18 - Dream 🌶

😏

So peaceful

So peaceful.

She's laying in my bed so peacefully. After the incident in the mall, she's done nothing but lay there. Apparently, she's barely eaten.

"Mmh." Her hushed and soft groan alarmed me as she brushed her head against my pillow. I'm just sitting at my desk, watching her get the rest she needs.

In my bed.

I sigh and clack on my keyboard, sending emails and shit to people who mean something to my mafia. I'm just trying to find out who sent those men directly. I need to find out who worked Valentina to her breaking point.

The moment I turn my head to Valentina, my bedroom door opens. Romano stands there, furrowed eyebrows.

I put a finger to my lips, hushing whatever he was about to say. He turns his head and notices the exhausted brunette laid in my bed.

Romano walks in, shuts the door and grabs a seat to face my desk. "What the fuck did you do to her? She looks so tired." He whispers.

I look over to her and relax my jaw. "Nothing. I'm trying to find out why she collapsed. You're ruining my only chance of silence. The moment she wakes up, I won't get the time."

He scoffs quietly and shakes his head. "I swear to god if I find out you hurt her or something, I'll kill you with my bare hands."

I raise an eyebrow, "No you won't."

"You're right. I can't. But I would never, ever speak to you again. I won't even consider you a brother, understand?" He places his intertwined hands on my desk.

"Romano, I would slit my own neck before doing something to her while she's unconscious." I'm offended he would think of me as someone who'd do such a thing.

"I know. But don't kill her while she's unconscious either." He's more calm, reassured I wouldn't do anything to Valentina.

"Get out." I lift my head up and nod over to the door. He frowns and stands up. "Tell me when she wakes up."

"Out."

He finally does what I've told him and leaves, closing the door behind him. Suddenly, Valentina wakes up with a jolt.

I fall out my chair and place myself beside her. She's still laying, but her eyes are slightly opened. She's uncomfortable, I don't want to make her uncomfortable.

Please don't be uncomfortable because of me.

"Alessandro?" She whispers, so quiet, so tired. I nod, "I'm here, what's wrong."

"I'm so uncomfortable. I can't sleep. I need to change. Please change me, please." She places one hand on my lower body, right in the centre of my abs.

No, I hate her. She hates me. Absolutely despise each other. But at the same time, I'm crazy. My heart is beating so fast, so nerve wracking. Of course, I would rather have Valentina ask me before she even mentions a word to Noah.