20 - Dinner

"That'll be $62

"That'll be $62.85." The man at the counter placed our books in the bag and looked up at Alessandro. Alessandro nods and places his card to the machine.

"You've picked great books." The man smiled and looked over at me. I raise an eyebrow and smile back, "yep."

His hand flies across the counter, "Elijah." My eyes widen, and Alessandro clears his throat. Before I could grab his hand, Alessandro beats me to it.

"Alessandro, and this is Valentina. My wife." His tone grew more stern with the word 'wife.' Elijah studies Alessandro's hands and nods.

"Receipt?"

"No."

Alessandro picks up the bag of books and drops his hand to the small of my back. He pushes, allowing me to walk out with him. Elijah scoffed and sat back down.

"Oh my God. That was so hot, Alessandro. I'm totally head-over-heels for you now. Let's get married." I roll my eyes and push his hand off me. As I'm walking towards the motorcycle spot, I find it gone.

Alessandro was chuckling behind me, clearly not knowing that his motorcycle is missing. "Dude, your motorcycle is missing. You've been robbed." I snort and stop, turning to look at him.

He smiles and shakes his head. "No, I had some of my men take it back to the estate and drop off a car for me. Someone passed me the keys in the bookstore, but you were too busy reading your porn to notice."

I open my mouth and quickly close it. He laughs once more and places his hand on the small of my back, where it was originally. "This way, love."

He walks me to the small parking lot, right where the jet-black Tesla sat. My eyes roll back again and I lean on the car, waiting for him to open it.

"Where do you want to go now? I was thinking some food, then desert, maybe a pet shop? I want to see dogs." He smiled.

I sigh, "your place. I want to go back in my bed and stay there."

Alessandro shakes his head. "No can do. I guess I'll have to surprise you again. Open the trunk." He walks over to me, placing the bag behind me on the car.

I furrow my eyebrows. "So you had plans of going somewhere after the bookstore?" I question, and he nods. "Then why bring a motorcycle when you obviously need a car?"

He chuckles, "I wanted to feel you pressed on my back. I wanted to feel your fingertips explore my abs. I wanted to feel the heat radiate off you and onto me. And that's exactly what happened."

"Dear God." I turn my head away from him and grab the bag. Fucking hell, I was red again. My heart was beating two times faster with just the words of this man. This cannot be happening? I'm supposed to hate him goddammit. What will happen to my heart when he's doing more than just sweet-talking?