25 - Importance

"What! That's next week? Are you kidding!" My eyes nearly bulge out my head when Alessandro tells me about the Annual Mafia Ball that's coming up

"What! That's next week? Are you kidding!" My eyes nearly bulge out my head when Alessandro tells me about the Annual Mafia Ball that's coming up. I remember it since I was 9, my father would take me every year. That's also when Alessandro and I first developed hatred.

Well, I may have had a tiny little mini crush on him, but that ended as soon as it started. Thank god. After that, it's just been pure hatred, up until a few days ago.

I got off on Alessandro's words. That's an all time low. Definitely. And honestly, I've been trying so hard to avoid him for these past long ass days.

Noah helped. Kept me company. Alessandro was furious, so he took me to dinners and malls to keep Noah as far away from me as possible. That didn't help with the whole avoiding Alessandro thing.

He even got me a black card with no money limit so I can buy anything I want.

'I will be paying for your clothes with this black card. It is important to me that you'll be spoiling yourself to the limit; so please buy as much you'd like. And, lingerie is a must. If I plan to be unravelling all your dirty thoughts, I'd rather I do it while you're comfortable in your own choice of clothing. Valentina, we both know that this thing that we have isn't going to end with us being enemies. Enemies with benefits, maybe, but not just enemies.'

He told me the moment he gave me the black card. He's so rich, it's beginning to get annoying. Whatever, I need to focus on what he's telling me.

"Okay? And what am I supposed to do with that information. I don't want to go." My arms come straight to my chest and lock together as I cross them and glare right at his stupid, yet handsome face.

Stop. We are NOT thinking like this.

He chuckles, loud. "Valentina, I don't care if you want to go or not. You're my bodyguard and I'm going. End of conversation."

"Asshole." Muttering, I dip my head.

"I'll be attending a meeting with another Mafia Don in Greece. You will be by my side, making my safety your number one priority. Do I make myself clear?"

God, the nerve of this man after he told me all his dirty thoughts. I cannot believe it. My insides turn at the thought of punching his face. It's just so...punchable.

"Yeah, I get it." My eyes roll back and he stifles a smile. He knows he's pissing me off, and he doesn't even care. Or maybe he does and he's just a great actor. I'm going with the first one.

"Valentina. You do realize that this ball is a huge deal. You've been there before and any problems and result to death." He narrows his eyes at me. Sitting at his dark brown desk, hands intertwined and stacks of paper on the side with a computer in front of him, he gives me the simplest of smiles and crawls deep into my skin.

"You shouldn't make any problems then, Giovanni." I spit through my gritted teeth and walk out of his office before listening to him ramble some more. I know how to do my job, even though I want him to feel pain he's never felt before.