3

Edited 9/30/22

Sally POV

"Rosealine Ruby Hale! What is this?!" I yell while looking at the ticket in my hand.

A plane ticket to New York for tomorrow.

Wait? Tomorrow?!

"That my dear friend is our ticket out of here." She replies with a smirk on her face.

"I-I never agreed to this Rose."

"Sal, relax." She walks over and takes my hands into hers. "We finally have a clue where one of your soulmates is. We always promised each other that if we found something, we would both go together and find out. This is me keeping that promise. Besides, maybe my soulmates are in New York too." We both glance down to her wrist where a bow and arrow tattoo is showing. She has another soul mark on her leg that is a dagger. Her soulmates are probably assassins or something.

"Yeah, your right." I sigh and look over at the TV where another clip of the Battle of New York is showing. This clip is showcasing the bow and arrow guy. Wait...bow and ar- OMG. "Rose! Look!"

"What?" She turns and looks. "Bloody hell. What are the odds that your mark matches the Hulk and my mark matches Hawkeye?" She turns back to me with a smirk on her face. "He really is smokin hot."

I scrunch my nose up at that statement. "He's alright. Just not my type."

"Yeah yeah, I forget your type is shy and nerdy men. Meanwhile, my type is funny, but dark and intimidating."

I roll my eyes and say, "Nerds are just so cute though. Something about all the science or math talk just gets me going." I bite my lip while thinking how cute guys look in glasses.

"Come on lets finish this conversation over pizza and wine." She walks over to get the pizza out of the oven.

Later on...

"So...if you could choose anyone to be your soulmate. Who would you choose?" Rose asks.

"Well, one of my soulmates is obviously into science. So, I would probably choose someone like Dr. Banner." I reply with a smile.

"Who?"

"Dr. Robert Bruce Banner. I talk about him all the time, Rose. His work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled."

"Um, Sally. When was the last time you looked up Dr. Banner."

"It's been awhile. I don't look at news articles about him or anything. I just love his work. Why?"

"Well, you might want to read this." She states and hands me her phone.

I drop her phone and yell,"What the fuck?"