22

Edited 9/29/22

Sally POV

Bruce bring his arms up and down to impersonate Hulk. I pull out my phone and record him to show Rose later on.

We both laugh at his antics. "Tony got these for me a few weeks ago. I thought it would be funny." He chuckles and scratches the back of his neck sheepishly.

"It's cute." I raise my hands to cup his face. "I'm so lucky I found you, Bruce."

He wraps his arms around my waist and tugs me closer to him. "I'm the lucky one." He glances down at my lips and whispers, "Can I kiss you?"

"You don't have to ask me, Bruce. I'm yours." I whisper back. We both lean in slowly before our lips meet in a gentle kiss.

When we pull away he plants a kiss on my forehead then stands up and holds out his hand for me

When we pull away he plants a kiss on my forehead then stands up and holds out his hand for me. "Oh wait. Sorry, the gloves." He blushes and quickly tosses them aside before reaching for my hand again.

"Where are we going?" I giggle as he excitedly pulls me toward the elevator.

"I'm giving you your real surprise." He smiles at me. I can see a hint of worry in his eyes but he's trying to hide it. When the elevator door open again he pulls me into an unknown room with a glass cage taking up most of the space.

"Are you going to arrest me?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What? No! Of course not. Umm...this was made f-for me." He walks towards the cage slowly.

"What do you mean for you?" I ask confused.

"When we captured Loki they kept him in a cage just like this. Turns out they had that cage there just in case they needed to lock me up before I hulked out and destroyed them all." He chuckles lightheartedly.

"Bruce-"

"No, it's okay. They were right to be afraid." He smiles at me. "I didn't bring you here to have a sad conversation."

"Why did you bring me here, Bruce?" He walks over to me and takes my hand before pulling me to the open cage. "You really are locking me up, huh?"

"Nope, we're both going in. It's precaution until we see how this goes. The Hulk can probably get out, but better safe than sorry. I don't know what Tony would do if Hulk destroyed anything else in this tower." He chuckles.

"The Hulk?" I look at him shocked. He locks the door and hands me a remote.

He grabs my shoulders and look me straight in the eye. "If at any time you feel the need to get out then press the button. Sally, I'm serious. He's your mate too, so there shouldn't be any worry to whether or not he'll hurt you. But...if you get uncomfortable or unsafe, then press this button, leave, and get Jarvis to call Natasha down here. Okay? Promise me, please."

"Okay, I promise." I give him a soft smile and he sighs in relief. He leans forward and gives me a quick kiss before stepping back a few feet. "How do you...Hulk out exactly?" I ask out of curiosity. He hasn't really mentioned the Hulk much before now.

"I have to get really angry or anything that gets my heart rate up." He blushes when he says the last part.

"Oh...oh. So even like-" I say as a light pink dusts my cheeks.

"Yeah. Although, I've never really gotten that far with anyone so we'll just have to take it slow so I can control it." He interrupts. "If you even ever want to. There's no pressure or anything." He chuckles awkwardly.

"I would like to try at some point, but only when we're both ready. There's no rush." I bite my lip. My face is on fire now.

He clears his throat and look down at his hands. "Are you ready to meet the Hulk again?" He meets my eyes again and waits for my confirmation.

"Y-yeah. I'm ready." I stutter nervously.

"Remember the promise?" He bites his lip and glances towards the remote in my hand.

I lift it up and wave it slightly. "I remember." I whisper.

He nods and takes a deep breath.

I watch him slowly turn green, from his eyes to his hands. It's a slow transition, almost like he doesn't want the Hulk to lash out so he is slowly releasing control. In a blink of an eye, Bruce is no longer in front of me...the Hulk is.

He's panting heavily and looks around before spotting me. He instantly lowers himself down to the ground so he's level with me.

"Mate."

"H-hi. My name is actually Sally."

"Sally." He smiles slightly. He holds out his hand for me. I tuck the remote in my pocket and slowly make my way to him. He wraps his arm around me and pulls me to sit in his lap.

"Hulk love Sally. Hulk protect Sally." His voice echos in the cage.

"Sally love Hulk too." I snuggle up more into him and I feel the exhaustion take over.

Then, everything fades to black.

I feel safe.