16

Edited 8/16/22

Sally POV

1 week later...

"I still can't believe we live here now!" Rose squeals and jumps onto her bed. We're currently on Natasha and Clint's floor, because Rose has her own bedroom that is connected to her soulmates bedroom. We spend a lot of our time in here.

Natasha is always training, Bruce is always in his lab, and Clint is always...nowhere to be found.

I'm not sure where he goes exactly.

Also, Nat still doesn't seem to like me much. She always gives me a suspicious look. She would probably treat Rose the same if they weren't soulmates. She's not exactly the trusting type, but I'm sure she has good reasons for that.

I sit down on the bed beside Rose and look at her with a frown on my face. "Do you think we should tell them?" I whisper. She whips her head around and looks at me shocked.

"What? Are you kidding? They'll lock us up first chance they get." She whispers in a harsh voice.

"You don't know that. It's not our fault what happened." I argue.

"I killed them. It is my fault." She looks down ashamed.

"We. We killed them." I grab her hand and continued, "But, Rose. They deserved it. You know that. Right?"

"Of course they deserve it, those sick bastards." She scrunches up her nose and says, "Hail Hydra." She makes a gaging motion.

We both burst out laughing. "They really do say that all the time, don't they?" She nods in response.

I look at her again after we stop laughing. "They'll find out sooner or later. Later will make it look like we're hiding something." I try to reason with her.

She sighs and looks down at her hands. "I'm scared, Sal. I just found them. I can't lose them now." She whispers.

"You won't. They have to understand. Especially Natasha, she was with the Red Room. She knows what it was like."

"Okay." She says.

"Okay?" I can't believe she agreed.

"Okay." She looks at me, smiles and nods her head.

Clint POV

I'm crawling around in the vents to do my daily check up on my soulmates. Nat is fine, kicking Steve's ass like always. Rose is usually in her room around this time so I make my way to her.

I can hear hushed whispers as I get closer to her room. I can only make one sentence out.

"Hail Hydra." Rose says.

I freeze in my tracks.

No, it can't be.

Please no.

Not her.

My sweetheart.

A traitor.

The enemy.

I zone out everything else she says and make my way back to Natasha and Steve. When I get to the gym I jump out and land on the ground. They both turn to look at me.

"G-guys. We have a problem."