19

Edited 8/27/22

Sally POV

"Maybe they locked us in here for a surprise of some sorts." I try to be optimistic about this situation.

Rose gasps and looks at me with wide eyes. "Jarvis? Did anyone here our conversation from earlier?" She asks in panic.

"Agent Barton did Ms. Hale."

"ROOOAAAAARRRRR!!!!"

"Shit." I whisper.

"Is that who I think it is?" Rose asks while pacing in front of her bed.

"I think it is who you think it is because I think the same thing." I reply slightly panicked. What was so bad that he Hulked out?

"What?" She looks at me confused.

All of a sudden I hear loud thumps coming towards the door. Then the door is quite literally ripped off it's hinges and reveals the Hulk in the doorway.

"Mate safe now. Hulk protects mate." He says and bends down to my level...sorta. He holds his hand out and I slowly walk up to him to lay my hand in his.

"It's nice to meet you, Hulk. I really want to spend more time with you, but we kind of need to know what happened. Do you think we can talk to Bruce for a minute?"

He huffs. "Hulk do what makes mate happy."

He closes his eyes as he shrinks down to a naked Bruce. Rose quickly tosses me her blanket and I drape it over him. He looks up at me startled but calms down when he sees it is me. Then I see his eyes sadden and he backs up a little.

"Is it true?" He whispers and look at Rose for a second before turning back to me. He stands up and clutches the blanket tighter.

"Is what true?"

"Do you work for Hydra?"

"What? Of course not! Bruce, we haven't worked for Hydra since we were sixteen. You have to believe me." I walk closer to him and thankfully he doesn't move back.

"Dr. Banner, sir has requested for you to bring the girls down to the conference room for an interrogation." Jarvis intervenes.

"Both of you need to explain everything. This will turn out very badly if you don't." Bruce says and takes one of my hands in his. "I can't loose you, Sal. Please." I can see the desperation in his eyes.

Before I can say anything Rose speaks up. "We were already planning on telling you, Clint, and Natasha everything today anyways. I just didn't think it would be like this."

He nods and looks down at our intertwined hands.

"Let's go, we'll explain everything. I promise."

We start to walk towards the elevator, when Rose clears her throat and points at the blanket wrapped around Bruce. He looks down and his cheeks turn a bright red. "I'll just go get some of my clothes from the hall closet. Hand on."

"He has clothes here?" Rose asks in a whisper.

"Seems like it." I shrug.

Bruce come back out in his usual clothes. "Remind me to come back up here and get the rest of my stuff after all of this mess is cleared up."

I give him a small smile as we step into the elevator. I see Rose glance at me and we make eye contact. She's worried. If this goes badly, it'll look worse for her since she was a Hydra agent. I was only a scientist in training.

Before I realize it, Bruce is leading me out of the elevator and towards what I assume is the meeting room. All of the Avengers are sitting down except for Tony and someone with an eye patch.

Nick Fury.

"Nice of you to join us Ms. Hale and Ms. Davis. Or should I say Agent Hale and Dr. Davis?" Fury states as we walk into the room.

"We're here to explain." Rose says while looking at her soulmates. "Everything."