20

Edited 9/27/22

Bruce POV

"Go ahead Agent Hale." Fury says and crosses his arms. I pull Sally closer to me and turn a little so I can see Rose while she explains.

"Uh." She looks over at Sally in panic. I can feel the patience of my fellow teammates thinning the longer she remains silent.

Tony POV

"Any day now would be fantastic, Blondie."
If I had it my way they would both be locked up right now. However, Steve and I talked it over and we both would want the other to have the chance to explain if it was us being questioned.

Sally steps away from Bruce and clears her throat to gain our attention. "I'm from Bulgaria, but my family moved to Germany when I was younger...because they were recruited by Hydra. My dad was a scientist, a really good one. He was used to experiment on some of the Hydra recruits. When I was thirteen him and I moved to the Appalachian Mountains where I met Rose. Hydra has a boarding school there called Hydra Preparatory Academy."

Rose slides a folder across the table for Steve and I to look at.

"The Academy taught kids of Hydra what Hydra stands for and teaches us how we will help serve them when we come of age." Sally continued.

(A.N. This doesn't really add up with the time line, since Rose (Ruby) wouldn't have even been born I don't think in 2012, so if you've seen Agents of Shield, just know that this timeline is a little different. In this story, all of what Rose & Sally experienced at the Academy would have been before Iron Man 1)

"I was born into the Academy. My mother, General Hale was one of the leaders of Hydra. She was artificially inseminated with genetically altered sperm." Rose finally speaks up. "They wanted me to be stronger than Captain America so they planned on infusing me with Gravitonium. I met Sally when she came to the school. She was assisting with the science stuff about the infusion as a part of her training and she was worried about what would happen to me if they did it." She continues as Steve tenses up at the mention of him.

"I was already planning on how to escape. I became friends with Rose and after seeing what the Gravitonium would do to her...I knew we had to leave. She's my best friend, I couldn't let them hurt her anymore. As far as I know I destroyed all the Gravitonium and it's research. Everything I know about it is in that file right there." Sally explains.

"SHIELD should already have this information, if Agent Coulson and his team made it out?" Sally looks at Fury.

"We did, Dr. Davis, but this extra information from outside sources helps our investigation on Hydra. I think everything has been cleared up. I have plans to attend to." Fury storms out of the room after scanning the documents.

"That went a lot easier than expected." Steve mumbles. He looks at me then at Sally and Rose. "I'm sorry for all the confusion, but it was protocol."

"We understand." Sally gives us a small smile before leaning into Bruce, who wraps his arm around her.

"There's one more thing. My name isn't technically Rose. It's Ruby. I changed my name to Rosaline or Rose when we escaped Hydra." Rose smiles nervously.

"Rose suits you better anyways, принцесса." Nat says and pulls her down to sit on Clint's lap.

Steve takes the folder off the table and flips to the last page in there. He reads for a moment before gasping. "Where did you get this name from, Sally?" He asks in a harsh voice. I look over at the folder and see who he is talking about. Written in red with a slash through it:

Bucky Barnes-Winter Soldier

Winter Soldier?

I look up at Steve with wide eyes.

Is Bucky actually alive? We felt the soul mark tingle, but this confirms it even more. Sally walks over to us to look at the folder.

"Oh, Bucky Barnes? He's The Winter Soldier. We met him once at the academy. He trained Rose and a few others for a brief time period. They wiped his mind though after he got a flashback of someone saying his name, so he never remembered us after that day. Never saw him again. Why?"

"He's our soulmate." Steve whispers still in shock a little.

" Steve whispers still in shock a little