13

Edited 8/02/22
Edited 9/30/22

A little while after Sally left Bruce asleep on the couch, he rolls over and falls down harshly onto the floor.

Bruce POV

"Uuggh." I groan in pain. Then I realize I fell asleep while Sally was here. "Sally?" I look around for her, but I don't see her anywhere.

"She left 47 minutes ago with Ms. Hale, sir. She also appears to have left you a note on the coffee table." Jarvis replies.

She left me? Why?

"Is she c-coming back?"

"I'm afraid I do not know Sir. However, Boss did request for her to meet him here tomorrow."

I snap my head up even though I can't see him. "He did?" I stand up and grab the note. "Why?"

"I am not authorized to say, Sexy Green Giant." He says and I groan at the awful nickname Tony gave me.

"Jarvis, can you ask Tony to come up to my floor please? Thank you."

"Of course, Science Boyfriend."

"Uuggh. Why me?" I groan in frustration. Out of everyone, he only gives Steve and I inappropriate and stupid nicknames.

I unfold the letter and read what she wrote. She wants to me meet tomorrow? Does she even have to ask?

"Jarvis? What time is it?" I ask out of curiosity.

"It is currently 3 AM. Boss is on his way up."

I hear the elevator ding and Tony walks out with a pair of safety goggles on his head.

"Did you really call me for a late night booty call Doctor?" He asks with a smirk. I look at him shocked and he walks up to me and puts his hand on my cheek. "Steve can never know." He whispers jokingly, winking at me.

"Steve can never know what?" I hear from behind Tony.

Tony whips around and says, "Oh nothing to worry your pretty little head about Capsicle."

I look over Tony's shoulder and see Steve standing in front of the elevator. He had his hand on his hips and he was giving us his disappointed dad look. When I looked into his eyes though, I could see the hurt, betrayal, and jealousy he was hiding. Tony's flirting was hurting him. Steve let his head drop forward for a moment, then turns around and leaves without a word.

Tony sighs and drops down on the couch. "I messed up again, didn't I?" He groans and puts his head in his hands. "I'm such a fuck up." He mumbles.

"Tony. Hey, look at me. Please?" I pry his hands away from his face. "You're not a fuck up, but you did hurt his feelings. You're all he has and he doesn't want to lose you. The flirting and everything makes me a little uncomfortable, but it makes him feel like you don't want him. So, maybe you should cool it down for a little while. Spend some time with him. Show him how much you care about him. Because I know you do, everyone can see how much you love him."

"Thanks Brucie." He gives me a sad smile. "Now, what did you need to ask me about, Jolly Green?"

And he's back.

"It's not important right now. Go make it up to Ste-"

"Nuh uh. You called me at 3 AM and woke Steve up. Now. What's the hap?"

"Umm. I was just wondering why you wanted to meet up with Sally tomorrow?"

"Oh. That? I just wanted to have a little chat with her. Can't have her hurting my platonic boyfriend, now can I?"

"She won't hurt me, Tony. I trust her." He nods and looks down at his hands.

"This was nice. We should do it again." He pats me on the back and stands up off the couch, before walking to the elevator. "See ya later, Brucie." He smirks and the elevator doors close.

"Jarvis? Is Natasha in her room?"

"Yes, she fell asleep about 30 minutes ago. She seems to have left a pillow and blanket out beside her for you."

I walk inside my room and change into shorts and a t-shirt. Then, I grab the note and read over it again to make sure Sally said she was fine with me sleeping in the same bed as Natasha and Clint.

I head over to the elevator and Jarvis sends me down to their floor. In the Avengers section of the tower, we have 10 floors. The 1st floor is unoccupied, Thor lives on the 2nd floor, common room on the 3rd floor, gym on the 4th floor, Nat and Clint live on the 5th floor, I live on the 6th floor, my lab is the 7th floor, 8th floor is unoccupied, 9th floor is Tony's lab, and Steve and Tony live on the 10th floor.

When I get to the 5th floor, I immediately walk into Nat and Clint's bedroom. Just like Jarvis said, a pillow was beside Nat's and the blanket was turned over for me to slide in.

When I lay down beside her, she turns around and snuggles up to me.

I fall asleep to dreams of Sally and our future.