21

Edited 9/29/22

Sally POV

Bruce and I left to go back up to our floor after he said we needed to talk. He pulls me into his arms as we sit on the couch. "You didn't go into great detail earlier." He whispers and runs a hand through my hair.

Shit. I was hoping nobody caught that.

"It that why you wouldn't tell me what kind of scientist you were?" He continues.

I pull away so I can look at him while I talk. "Yeah, um I did a lot of experiments. Most of them were on little kids. Hydra wanted to make them into monsters. I diluted a lot of the serums they had me make. I was barely a teenager, but that didn't matter to them. Age...doesn't matter to them. They eventually caught onto what I was doing, and that's one of the reasons I needed to escape when I did. Rose just gave me more motivation to actually go through with it. I wish I could have gotten Bucky out as well...he was kind, at least as kind as an assassin can be."

"I'm surprised about that, not him being kind, but him being alive." He replies.

"I didn't know he had any soulmates, I don't think he did either. He only liked me because I was young and didn't have a choice in what I was doing either. He could have killed me, but he didn't. He had a ton of chances too. Hydra locked us in a room a lot so I could experiment on him. They were okay with him killing me if it came down to that."

He takes my face in his hands and leans his forehead against mine. "Sally, I am so so sorry you had to go through that."

"I know something that might cheer you up." He smiles at me.

"Sounds like a plan. What is it?" I chuckle at the excited grin on his face.

"Patience, patience. You'll know in a just a moment." He smirks before rushing off to the hallway closet, and he comes back holding it behind his back.

"Hulk smash! Roarrrrr!"

I burst out laughing at my dork of a soulmate. "Where did you get those?!"

 "Where did you get those?!"