24

Edited 9/29/22

Sally POV

"Tony, we've been at this for hours. I can't find him. I'm sorry." Bruce says and stands up from his spot in the lab. We've been down here for about 5 hours and we have yet to find any trace of him. Tony looks up at him with tears in his eyes and just nods his head in response.

"Come on, let's get you to your room. We can have a drink and relax. Okay?" Bruce takes Tony's arm and drags him towards the elevator.

Once we get to Tony and Steve's room I pull Bruce aside. "Umm. I'm gonna go check on Rose. Is that okay?" I whisper.

"Yeah, of course." He smiles and gives me a quick kiss on the forehead. I make my way back to the elevator since Rose texted that she was back at the tower.

Bruce POV

Bruce POV

After Sally leaves, I walk into Tony's bedroom to find him laying on his bed while staring at the ceiling. "Tony? I'm sure he'll show up at some point." I walk over and sit on the edge of his bed. He glances over at me and I notice his eyes are red.

"Brucie...I-it hurts. It feels like my soul is being ripped apart." He turns on his side to face me. "Where's Stevie?" He whispers. I run my fingers through his hair to try and calm him down.

"He's trying to find Bucky. Do you want to try and call him?" He nods his head in response.

I pull out my phone and dial Steve's number. I hold it up to my ear in case Steve says something that sets Tony off again. He finally picks up right when I'm about to end the call.

"Hello? Bruce?" Steve says annoyed.

"Yeah, umm. Hey Steve. Tony is kind of upset and I think he needs to talk to you. Maybe you can calm him down?" I whisper knowing Steve could still hear me but hopefully Tony couldn't.

He sighs. "I don't have time for Tony's drama right now, Bruce. I'm trying to find my mate. I'll try to call later if I have time." Steve hangs up.

The audacity of this man. I can feel myself start to Hulk out and Tony seems to notice too. "Brucie. Hey...it's okay." He sits up and hugs me from behind. "Sun is going down...wait that's not how it goes. Shit. What is it?" He whispers to himself.

I chuckle at his attempt to calm me down. I was supposed to be calming him down, not the other way around. I feel the Hulk suppress and my skin turns back it's normal pale color.

"Umm. Steve is busy at the moment, but he said he'll try to call later tonight." I turn to face him and he frowns at what I said.

"It's okay. Thanks for trying." He lays back down and holds out his arms for me. I slowly lay down  and he curls up against me. "I can always count on my Science Boyfriend." He chuckles and I blush at the nickname.

"Get some rest, Tony." I wrap my arm around his waist and run my fingers through his hair again.

Steve doesn't deserve him.