27

Edited 9/30/22

Sally POV

"Bruce said he loves me." I blurt out as soon as I walk into Rose's bedroom. We haven't had a moment alone together since he told me, so I didn't get to tell my best friend until this very moment.

"That's great, Sal! Did you say it back?" Rose bites her lip in anticipation.

"Well...no, not exactly." I mumble and walk over to sit on her bed. I look down at my hands before continuing. "He told me the night we played Truth or Dare, and I was almost asleep. So...I pretended not to hear him say it." I glance up at Rose and she is giving me a look I know all too well. It's the 'are you fucking kidding me' look she does a lot.

"Seriously?" She groans, "Wait...do you love him?"

"I-I don't know. I mean we've only known each other for a few months." I say hesitantly. I start playing with my bracelet, which Bruce pointed out I only do that when I'm nervous.

"Sally. It's been 11 months and 20 days since we first met our soulmates."

What? That can't be right.

"Time flies when you're in love, Sal." She continues.

"I really like him, Rose. I like how much he loves science. I like how much he cares about Tony and the others. I like how much he loves the food he learned to make in India. I love how he can get really sarcastic at times, but I also love when he's really shy and only wants to spend time with me. I love his little quirks, like how he bites the tip of his glasses when he's concentrating or when he pretends to Hulk out because he's such a dork. I also love the Hulk because he's so kind and gentle with me, he's not the monster he is always made out to be."

I look back over at Rose after my rant to see her smiling at me. "What?" I ask confused.

"You love him." She shrugs. "You started your little rant with I like this and that about him, but towards the end you started saying you love this and that about him. You, Dr. Sally Davis, are in love with Dr. Robert Bruce Banner; your soulmate."

I'm in love with Bruce?

I'M IN LOVE WITH BRUCE BANNER!