Chapter 19: I Called For A Cup

JUDAH

She really looks like her. It's so weird. Too weird.

It's been two days since I met that new girl from the cafe. Liv. I called the cafe's manager to get a more thorough profile, or at least a copy of a resume. But all I got was her address and full name. Liv Grey. Well, it's not exactly full.

I tried to do a background check on her, but there was no one in the city with her face who is named Liv Grey. That is until I got a second look on a certain someone's picture.

Olivia Reagan.

"She really looks like you." I mumbled at the photo. This was the only picture of her that I got online. I need a certain angle of her face to really compare and make sure, but there was none. Maybe I can try something else...

I searched online for an app for a hair color changer...trier... or whatever they called it. When I found it, I downloaded it along with the picture. I tried to use the app to change her hair to blonde, which was the color of Liv Grey's hair. But all these popups kept coming. I kept tapping on my phone, on the verge of breaking my screen.

"Ah! To hell with these ads." I almost threw my phone in irritation. I just purchased the premium version since it was getting annoying. It unlocked the makeup features and other hair colors like the ridiculous animal print hairs, but at least now it was ad-free.

I uploaded Olivia's picture in the app and tried the blonde hair.

"Huh. I'll be damned." It was like looking at Liv Grey in person! This is just so bizarre. Olivia's...dead. How can someone look like her this much? Is this one of those doppleganger things? A long-lost twin maybe?

"Hey, Judah." A familiar voice called after a knock, "Aren't you going home again? It's already 1 in the morning." It was Arthur, looking as tired as he always was.

"It is?" I exited the app to see the time on my screen, "Huh. 1:34 am." Hela always alerted me of the time back then because I always tend to lose track of it when I'm swamped with my work. But in place of her is now this neatly folded resignation letter on my desk. I'm gonna miss her... a little bit.

"So? You staying here? If you're going home, I'll get the car now."

I thought about it for a moment. All my work for the day was done. I could actually go home, for the first time in three days. Or, I could get a head start by doing something due next week.

Arthur suddenly sighed, rolling his eyes, "I guess we're doing next week's work again, huh. Well, I'll be on the VIP suite if you need me."

"Wait. The VIP what?! Art-"

But before I could even finish, he already left. I chuckled to myself. I was about to give him the key. He can't enter the VIP suite by himself. I was more than willing to let him rest there. Arthur always stays close by whenever I choose to stay in the building. He takes his naps in the lounge outside my office, so he can watch all who enters and leaves.

His main job is actually just driving me around, but turns out, he could do more than just steering a wheel. He's already been my driver for a year when I found out he knew his corporate basics... and kickboxing. So, before I knew it, he's also become a bodyguard and an occasional secretary.

"Alright. Enough of that. Let's get to work."

I glanced one more at the app with Liv Grey- I mean...Olivia's picture. Once I got used to its strangeness, I-

Ugh. No, I'm still trying to make sense of this. I can't focus! I hate things I don't understand because I know it's going to keep me up all night. Why do they have one face?!

I groaned inwardly, then I shut my eyes, turned off my phone and locked it in my drawer. There. Now, I can get to work.

"Maybe just another peek- No Judah!" I slapped my own hand, preventing it from unlocking the drawer. Get yourself together Judah! Get over her familiar face.

"Right." I quickly opened my Mac to distract myself from getting my phone. Immediately, I opened my files, then I glided my chair to the other desk to grab all the documents I needed. There's the document for those Russian clients, the proposal for the new restaurant for our Kingston Hotel in France, and the budget plan for the first Kingston Clinic.

In a just fifteen minutes, I managed to read and sign all the documents due next Sunday. I think I can reserve the others for a later date. Right now, I still need to make the meeting outline for the Investor's Meet. And the most important task of all... planning my next move against the Harrisons.

"I think I'm gonna need coffee for this."

Now, I have no choice but to take out my phone. And I did. I took it out from the drawer and looked at Liv's- I mean Olivia's picture again. Then, I closed it and texted Valley Cafe's number.

[Hi. I heard you guys deliver. Is that still going on?]

Hmmm. Maybe I should already say my name since I'll be ordering.

But before I could even send my order, name and address, it responded immediately.

Hmmm. Points for promptness.

[Hello, dear customer. Our delivery service will be unavailable for a few hours. We'll get it up and running soon. Sorry for the inconvenience- Valley Cafe.]

I felt a sudden pinch in my chest when I read the reply.

Huh. Well, this is a bit disappointing. I was hoping to get a taste of that Monday's Finest again, and maybe a cream cheese bagel. But I read the text again and found hope in the words "for a few hours." How many would that be? Maybe two or three? I should just probably send my order so I'd be the first one if ever their delivery system gets back up again.

[I see. Can I send my order and address beforehand? I'll pay extra if needed.]

I waited for a few seconds, and my phone chimed just as I faced it down my lap.

[ Of course. Just send it here :) ]

In response, I immediately sent my order, my name and my address.

[Monday's Finest; large, and a Valley Bagel. Kingston Corp- Judah Kingston. Thanks.]

I closed my phone and leaned back in distress. Well, that's that. Hope they can fix their delivery soon. I don't want to haul my ass outside the office just to get a good cup of coffee. I should really buy a coffee maker for the office. Hela's gone now, and I don't want to wait for a new secretary just to get a dose of caffeine.

"Yeah, I should buy a coffeemaker."

When I glanced at my phone to search online for a machine, a message from the Valley Cafe popped up. I was surprised...and confused to see their reply.

[Delivery is now available! Please expect your order in 15 minutes.]