Chapter 60: It's Time to Fight

OLIVIA

With my body slightly aching and my throat hurt, I couldn't be hostile. That and because she saved my life and my baby's life.

Fine. I'll play nice.

"H-how are you feeling?" she stammered, walking up to me.

I only nodded. I hated feeling indebted to someone like her so I got my gratitude out of the way first.

"T-thank you. For saving me."

With those mere words, her eyes glistened as if she was about to cry, "I-it was nothing. I just... I heard some screams and... I was nearby so..."

Lies. I assume she was there because she knew something about Cesar's plans. My only question is what role did she play in those plans? Was saving my life still a part of that? And... does she have something to do with what Cesar did to Mary and her family?

Just the thought of it made my blood boil. I'll kill her. I don't care if she saved my life. If she knows something about what happened to Mary, I'll kill her right here.

"Olivia, there's something—"

I angrily held out my hand to stop her from talking and stepping closer to me before glaring at her. She seemed to have sensed the animosity I felt so she backed away.

I didn't know what to say and neither did she. It went quiet between us for about a minute before she could speak again.

"Mary and her family are fine."

My heart jumped out of my chest, "W-what?"

"They're fine. No one was hurt. The place got wrecked to the ground but that was it."

Tears fell from my eyes at the news. Is it true? Are they really okay? But...

"How?" I asked.

"Arthur," she answered. "He knew beforehand and got everyone out before Cesar could do it. And I... Arthur told me to find you so there I was."

He knew? How could he have known Cesar's plans unless...

"He works for Cesar, doesn't he?" I finally realized. He was a spy sent to Kingston. To take them down from the inside.

Geneva didn't answer so it must be true.

I wanted to laugh at my blindness and cry at the same time. I promised Judah I could help him take down the Harrisons because I knew how they work, how they ruin other businesses. And yet, I failed to see Arthur.

Why did it have to be Arthur?

"Olivia, I know you don't trust me but please at least listen to me when I say that Arthur's on our side and—"

"Our side?" I scoffed at her, answering back despite the pain in my throat. "There is no our, Geneva. There's only the Kingstons and the Harrisons, and you're with the latter."

I don't care if she saved me or if Arthur saved Mary. I don't care about their explanations. If it wasn't for the Harrisons, we wouldn't be hurt in the first place. They're the enemy. All of them.

"Fine," she answered. "You have every reason not to believe us. But let me tell you this— if Arthur really was on Cesar's side, he wouldn't have saved Mary, he wouldn't have told me to save you, and Kingston would've bitten the dust by now."

I just scowled at her.

"You know Cesar, how he makes sure that he has something on everyone. A secret, a dark past, a loved one, a debt. Arthur's no different. He's risking his life, or whatever it is that Cesar's got on him, to help you."