Chapter 65: It Was A Single

JUDAH

"Ugh, I hate boats."

Olivia chuckled as she took off her coat, "Well, they're still better than planes, at least for me."

"Babe, knowing what you've been through... that's kind of dark."

"Just stating facts. Anyway, he should be greeting us by now."

After Clyde's distressed call, he sent us specific instructions to get to this island. We took a jet to Hawaii and then a boat to this secret location. I admit, I'm still a bit on the edge with this plan, especially after finding out about what Clyde did. If that wasn't enough, he had us go to this place—where he built a resort in Olivia's memory, back when she used to be dead.

For some reason, it was smaller than I thought it was. For a resort, it was pretty secluded and only as big as a beach house. It was quite luxurious though. Fully furnished too. It also looks like it hasn't been cleaned for quite some time. Someone just did a light sweep for the sake of visitors.

"Ms. Via! Mr. Kingston! You made it," Peyton came running down the stairs, fresh out of the showers in her nightwear.

"Peyton," Olivia smiled as she received Peyton's hug.

"Hey, kid. I'm sorry about what happened to your house," I said as a greeting.

She sighed, "It's alright. Arthur warned us. We got out everything we need just in time."

A vein popped in my head, "But how did he know? Is he...still working for that asshole?"

Olivia slapped my shoulder, "Judah! Language."

"The other names in my head are way worse, Olivia. Asshole was the clean version," I responded to which she rolled her eyes.

Peyton chuckled, "I'm a teenager. I've spoken worse... but please don't tell my brother. As for Arthur, Rick figured it was safer if Cesar still trusted him. You know, having someone on the inside helps."

I scoffed, "Are you sure he's not Cesar's inside man on us?"

"Arthur would never do that," a voice came descending the stairs. It was Geneva.

"Of course, you would say that," I mumbled.

"We can trust him. Besides, we have no choice. We need him to take down Cesar."

"You've made your point, Geneva," Olivia answered sharply, "So... what now? Why are we in this place? And where's that bastard Clyde? Isn't he supposed to show us something?"

Peyton spoke up, "Oh, Rick's just been working on something. He was up all night on it. Well, that and we've all been cleaning the place. No one's been here for more than a year. I'll go get him. Geneva, can you check on Garrett for me?"

"Sure thing," Geneva answered. Peyton ran towards the hall on our left.

"A year? Did he just buy this or something?" I asked.

"This was..." Geneva replied but was hesitant to speak further when her eyes met Olivia's. She let out a breath and continued, "It's the place you were supposed to live in... with his mom and sister. Anyway, I should get to Garrett." And she did.

I glanced at Olivia and I saw her eyes widen in shock. She started eyeing her surroundings intently, something she didn't do when we first arrived.

"That's why I met her on the plane," she whispered aloud in thought, "he was trying to send us here... to be safe. He was truly trying to protect us."

My breath hitched and I didn't know why. Perhaps I was feeling anxious about how Olivia was feeling right now, knowing the truth about Clyde's intentions. Was she having regrets?