Chapter two

Alison W.: Gabe, you there? I'm worried about you. Please answer.

The text was from two days ago. No response, of course. Why would he?

Alison sighed. She was getting worried and worried more everyday now. She kept on thinking he's in trouble, but how? He's in the hospital, getting help. She pushed the thought away for the sixth time and got up and went off to get ready for school.

***

Alison got to the dreadful school twenty minutes late, which happened on the daily now for just first period since the whole "Gabriel-gone" situation. She was never usually late to class, but this was different now; her friend is gone—maybe—so she thought. Her teacher never understood why she was late because apparently she didn't hear what happened, which was a month ago, and now everyone has heard about it already. Not her apparently.

Alison sighed and took her seat, setting her blue backpack down.

"Late again, Alison? Have a tardy slip?" Mrs. Ruke said.

Alison shook her head. The teacher sighed and wrote her tardy for the fifth time this week.

Alison heard dinging then, and it was coming from her backpack. She looked around and sneaked her phone out, the light pink phone case she held at her fingers, even though she wasn't supposed to like usual.

An email popped up on her phone. That same exact email that was from yesterday she and Tiger got, sent again to her inbox.

Alison opened her phone and tapped on the Gmail icon. Her phone opened up to the app and she saw the email; she tapped on it, reading it.

Do you like games, Alison? Click this link if you want to see Gabriel one last time, and to play a game—

"Alison, do I see a phone? Put it away now!"

Alison smiled nervously. The whole class oohed at her. She rolled her eyes and put the phone away. I guess I have to read the email later. Wait, Gabe? Why is... She thought. Eh, doesn't matter. She pushed up her black glasses on the bridge of her nose. I mean, I love horror, but not when it's real life like this. And this is too much to handle. She shivered.

The teacher sighed again and picked up the lesson from last Friday where they left off on fears for English.

"Alison, since you're late, can you tell us what your biggest fears are?"

Alison thought and thought. "Hmm. I guess they are... being trapped with nowhere to get out to, death of myself maybe, seeing losing my friends to death, annnnd hmm... nobody caring or loving me, I guess." The teacher nodded. Alison loved questions like those; the questionnaire questions people would ask. She once had an OT assessment and the instructor made her a list of questions about the life she lived. She loved it, that was back in fifth grade. Times go so fast...

The teacher went on to the next person to share their answer.

I need to know what actually happened to Gabe, Alison thought. She decided to text or call Tiger after school.

A random notification popped up on her phone. This time it made no notification sound, and the email seemed more creepy. All it said was two words.

Got it! :)

*