Chapter three

"'Got it'? What does that mean?" Tiger asked as they were on a call with Alison.

Alison was walking home from school and sighed to Tiger's response. "Well, I don't know. I got it when I was in Mrs. Ruke's class, which she yelled at me for being late again." There was annoyance at her voice while she spoke, but it was only for that sentence.

She sighed.

Tiger sighed too. "I got another email again too. I don't know what is up with it, the person just won't leave me alone!"

"Yeah"—Alison scoffed and rolled her eyes—"same here. Okay, I gotta go now. See you at my house soon,"

"Bye, see ya," Tiger hung up and Alison pulled her backpack over her shoulders and put her phone in the back pocket of her jeans.

***

Alison walked for minutes. She didn't know why she didn't call an Uber to take her home, but walking got more exercise, and it was less dangerous. She was probably a mile away from school now.

There was a man who followed behind her; a decent one, older than her, probably twenty, thirty, maybe forty, wearing a hat, velvet purple and a light gray color, over his dark brown hair. Six-foot-one while she was four-eleven.

The man got closer to Alison, stalkingly, up at her back, and breathed down her neck, smirking. He wore all black; black shirt, black pants, but a scar on his right cheek was colored a blood red and shaped a star—his eyes were softening with his blue eyes, but also giving a deadly sign to them.

Alison flinched and stopped walking. The man pushed into her back with force accidentally, stumbling and making Alison fall down. Her phone fell out of her pocket. She looked up and saw the man towering over her with a grin, showing his white teeth. A dark brown scarf was around his neck, slightly draping down at his shirt.

"Hello, miss," he said, adjusting his hat. "I didn't mean to scare you there. I see you're walking alone." He looked menacing. His hands folded behind his back.

Alison gathered up her things and put them back in her backpack that fell out, zipping it up again.

The man smiled at her and held out a hand, but Alison refused and stood up herself. The man frowned. "Do you need somewhere to be? I can take ya."

Alison shook her head, knowing better. She'd watched a lot of movies and read a ton of books to know never get into a car with people she didn't know. His voice he was using was charming, almost making any girl think twice at what they said the first time to him, but Alison of course knew better.

"No, thanks, I can walk." Her voice was shaky and chuckled as she said it.

The man grabbed her wrist as she stepped back. She kicked him in the knee, yelling, "What are you doing?"

The man put his hands up in defense. "Okay, okay, I get what you mean. I'm sorry. But please, just get—"

"Shut up, I don't want you following me home!"

The man paused in speaking. "Ah, so you're going home now?" he finally said. The man held a glint of crystal-clear, pure evil in his eyes. Just like the smirking, glittering smile he wore.

Crap, she shouldn't of said that. What an idiot!

"Uh, I'll just keep going now," Alison stepped back and turned around, but she stood frozen, unable to move her feet, her back facing the man. Come on, just move!

The man grinned and walked toward her, eyeing her blonde hair that was down at her back. He mere chuckled. "I only want to help you get you where you need to be, miss. Please, I insist you come. I can get ya home safe," His voice had any woman in butterflies at the stomach.

Alison's heart was racing, fearful. "Stop, get away from me. Now." Her voice was fierce and her heart was thudding fast in her chest.

The man smiled and laughed. "Oh, I'm not going anywhere..." He slowly pulled out a mini gun from the pocket of his black jacket, and slowly crept it up to Alison's side of her head, Alison's eyes following the trail, his other hand in his pocket. His eyes turned evil as he looked at the kid more fiercely behind the glasses of her blue eyes. She didn't know how he did it, but he used her like a puppet, sticking her into the ground; making her legs lock and now her stuck, her feet heavy, like cinder blocks.

Alison felt like she couldn't breathe, her heart and lungs suffocating her almost with fright. And with the heat from the afternoon four-pm sun blaring at her back, she couldn't take it. She looked at the man, nothing she could do now. Because she thought she was done for. Or so... she thought. Her eyes widened with determination.

"You're coming home... with me—"

Alison smacked the man in the face and made him tumble to the sidewalk, and making him lose power. The gun in his hand dropped from her head and onto the ground. Her chance to escape this creep was finally happening, as she got her phone and ran away, as fast as she could down the street. She left her backpack, without thinking a thought. Her house was right there as her feet carried her down the street to it. Her legs were already burning while running and her heart, as before, was hammering in her lungs of fear—and that didn't help at all as Alison kept taking big breaths of air that weren't enough as she darted her way to her house. She felt like she was gonna die with her breathing taking over.

The man grunted and walked off, too much of a coward to run after her again. The man grabbed his silver gun off the white sidewalk and continued walking.

Alison was too paranoid and forgot to call the police as she finally stepped into her home and took a breath, slamming the front door and locking it, making sure the man couldn't get in if he followed her again.

Alison went upstairs, catching her breath, and looked at Tiger with dilated eyes of horror.

"What happened?"

"Uh... nothing. Just running because I thought I was gonna be late, sorry."

Tiger nodded. "Well, you aren't late at all,"

Alison forced a smile with Tiger's normal one as she sat down on the carpet with them, her heart beating wildly still, and she breathed in and out fiercely. She still couldn't believe she just survived that. "Now, let's just get on... to this Gabriel project now. And the email situation we're having,"

*