Chapter thirteen

Alison woke up, groggy, with a headache, one blue eye opening and then the other. She cried, her eyes getting blurry. She kept on crying.

"Oh my, she's awake!" a nurse said.

She heard beeping but all she could think was that man, that 'dream' apparently. She didn't know if she was in reality now or not, she was shaking violently in the hospital bed.

Was it really...? She thought. She was weak.

The nurse came back and also one person came in.

She was confused.

"Gabe?" Alison choked out.

Gabriel went up to her bed and he was crying. Tears running down his face, shaking his head. He stretched out his arms and gave his friend a big hug, weeping into her hospital gown that was way too big for her. She was too weak to hug back.

"What happened?... Gabe..." Alison said through sobs. She looked at him tearful.

It took a moment for Gabriel to collect himself. He sniffled.

Sunlight was shining in from the window that was next to the bed. It was eleven-am.

"Gabe?"

The nurse spoke. "Hi, Alison." She cleared her throat. "Um..."

"What happened?"

"You're at... City Hospital, honey. I'm Nurse Stacy. You..." She looked at Gabriel, almost tearing up herself. "Um... You were in a coma, for two weeks now..."

Alison was shocked. "What? From what?!"

Gabe cried more.

"You..., um, were attacked by a stranger two weeks ago. You probably don't remember, but a video spread around where the person attacked you, shot you in the head, with a silver gun. I don't wanna get into details, it was pretty harsh. No one knows why."

Alison whimpered. There was a big bandage on her head.

The nurse continued. "I'm so sorry. You were just bleeding out, paramedics came just in time. They haven't caught the person, since it was too quick. I can show you the video, if you want."

"It almost has two million views now. A bystander took it," Gabe whispered, looking down at his hands in his lap while he sat on the bed.

"Really?..." Alison was sobbing more now. "True?" Gabe sadly nodded.

"Oh my god." Alison sniffled. "No..." She cried.

"Are you okay, Alison?" Gabe said.

"Are you okay?! You got stabbed and—"

"Woah. What do you mean?!"

"You got... Where's Tiger?! Are they okay?"

"Woah, Woah. Slow down. I thought Tiger broke up with you two months ago. You're not friends anymore."

Two months ago? Alison thought. She questioned everything. "What date is it?"

"The seventeenth of June—"

"June?"

Alison panicked, her breathing was heavy.

"Ali, what's going on? What happened when you were asleep?"

Alison laid back against the pillow. She herself didn't even know. She just stared into nothingness.

"Ali?"

"N-Nevermind. It was... just a bad dream."

Gabe sighed. "Alison. I wanna tell you something."

Alison looked up, eyes wide.

"I..."

"Gabriel, can you come here?!" a nurse yelled.

Gabriel stood up. Alison looked at him.

Gabriel's eyes said he's sorry, then he left the room.

Alison sighed.

The TV turned on suddenly. There was a trial going on, it showing a brown room and a court.

"...State your full name." the judge said.

"Mr. Bull—"

"Your full name, sir."

The man sighed.

Alison looked up. She saw a familiar looking man. He had brown, straight as a stick, hair, and no hat. He wore all black, that covered his six-foot-one height.

"Mr. Bullent, is my name..."

Alison's eyes went wide. She gasped.

"And do you confess to kidna..."

The man then, slowly, turned his head to the camera and... grinned, while the lady was talking, his bright blue eyes staring right at Alison.

Alison, with shock, screamed...

*